Crashing on startup, tried everything

My Overwatch have started closing itself as soon as I hit play in the blizzard launcher. I have read that this can be caused by overlays or conflicting software, bad drivers etc and have gone trough my whole computer without luck.

The logs return this error “[2760] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-11-11T11:56:58.329Z]: PathOps: [20191111T12:56:58] {11a4} ERR: … is the leading path component: /…/.build.info
[2760] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-11-11T11:56:58.329Z]: PathOps: [20191111T12:56:58] {11a4} ERR: path normalization failed: /…/.build.info”

Tried swapping to old RAM sticks just to make sure it wasnt related to that hardware, no luck.

Other steps taken

• Uninstalled all antivirus softwares, disabled firewall temporarily etc.
  • Uninstalled all programs that can conflict with Overwatch
  • Checked for razer software, dont have any since I dont have razer products.
  • Repaired Overwatch client
  • Uninstalled and Re-installed Overwatch client
  • Tried running Overwatch in compability mode
  • Disabled or Uninstalled all programs with Overlays, apart from Discord that is set to disabled.
  • Reinstalled graphics drivers
  • Uninstalled Nvidia GeForce experience
  • Made sure the power settings were good
  • Ran memory diagnostics tool & tried swapping out for other RAM sticks.

I honestly don’t know what to do anymore, this game literally stopped working over night and I have not been able to start it since the latest update to the game, before that It worked fine.

Please send help, going slightly insane.

Hello Mimer

I can see you have tried most of the steps we would initially advise for you to try, so at this point I would suggest that you reply to this thread and post your system files via pastebin so we can have a more in depth look at what may be causing your crashes. :slight_smile:

Thank you for replying so quickly, I tried using pastebin but it will not allow me to post links. How should I go about getting you the pastebin links?

Edit:
MSInfo: zv9zrUEE
DxDiag: 8UYAAMb5

Is this the way to do it?

Hi Mimer

Thanks for providing those. I can see here that you do indeed have a Razer Chroma DLL on your system, and it’s hooking into Overwatch, causing at least one of the recent crashes that you’ve had. It’s possible you had an old version that didn’t get removed properly, so I’d recommend installing the latest version of Razer Synapse 3, and uninstalling it

Yes I did try to install Synpase 3 and remove it earlier just to make sure i had no old razer software still on the system, i used to use a Razer keyboard like over a year back and have played OW after that without issue up untill now, but just to make sure I will try to install and uninstall Synapse 3 again.

Hey Mimer

If it does not work, just contact us back and provide us with your updated system files sent via pastebin for us to give another look.

It seems like the same issue persists, I downloaded the latest Synapse 3 and uninstalled it and the crash is just the same. Here are updated MsInfo and Dxdiag pastepin links.

DxDiag: HYWi2RGF
MsInfo: KVjuxH1g

Best regards

Hello Mimer

Thanks for the updated system files, I would suggest that you try the following steps:

• close Background applications,
  • remove all the Razer software you can find, just to exclude issues with that software,
  • try a different keyboard if possible to see if the issue continues with a non Razer hardware,
  • Disable the NVidia OSD experience to see if it helps,
  • Also try these steps to check how is your PC heat wise,

Should these steps not help, then you should contact our customer support for a more in depth investigation.

Thanks for the reply, I cannot locate anymore razer files on the system after installing and uninstalling Synapse 3, I checked both me System32 folder and the SysWOW64 folder without any showing up.

Also I don’t actually use any razer hardware and havent done so for over a year, the keyboard i use is a Logitech G413 Carbon and the mouse is a Corsair one, headphones are logitech G19’s.

I checked the heat on both the gpu and cpu and they are very low, so over heating shouldn’t be the issue.

I don’t have Nvidia experience installed anymore so the OSD setting is not aviable as I think its related to shadow play?

As far as the background applications go I have closed everything that is not related directly to windows apart from Discord, as I require it to talk to the friends and such while gaming for now, but I have disabled the overlay in Discord.

EDIT: It seems like the latest Overwatch patch for some reason made it work again. I can actually play now

Hello again Mimer

Thanks for the follow up and for letting us know that the new patch solved your problem.
Glad to hear that in the end it got sorted :slight_smile: