Dear Blizzard, please fix Genji deflect

This happens quite a lot to me and I see it a lot in streams but basically when you hit deflect in front of a hook or anything else that can be deflected it just goes through deflect, it isn’t a latency issue either since deflect is on cooldown. Heres a clip taken from my smurf highlighting it: - YouTube

1 Like

Hard to see from that clip. Watching it at 0.5 speed, it looks as if you press deflect right as he is hooking you in, it’s hard to tell which one goes first. It is definitely possible that the deflect animation started right after he hooked you, and not before - you do seem to deflect his shot after the hook. I’d say it’s a latency thing, making it hard for the naked eye to see whichever comes first, the hook or the deflect.

3 Likes

If it was a latency thing then why would deflect be on cooldown?

1 Like

You both pressed at the same time, or so it seems. Nothing unusual to me.

Dude ok if you don’t think that this clip proves anything, that;s fair, but there are multiple other clips of genjis deflecting and still getting slept/hooked/anything else. Heres a cavalry rage compilation that has a lot of them: - YouTube

There are lots of issies with the game like that and not just Genji - don’t get me started on Reinhardt pins and shatters, or Roadhog hooks - and a lot of them are due to latency and things looking different from several perspectives.

IIRC Snowieken is right, the game will give priority to people with a bad ping so sometimes you get hit by an ability or a shot that shouldn’t normally hit when you see it.

Yeah I guess its just blizzard favoring high latency players, its still caused me to lose comp games not even joking.

1 Like

The problem is blizzard cant make up its mind…

On the one hand it wants a super serious esport balanced around the highest of the top tier players…

And on the other it wants a super accessable and easy to pick up and play fun time f**k around…

And it keeps making choices and balance patches for both…

Personally i dont care which side the game falls on but i wish blizzard would make up their minds and decide what they really want…

On a side note i had an idea for seperate queues for people woth different latency…

Like everyone 20ms - 40ms paired in the same lobbies… and people with 120ms - 140ms paired together… that way no one would get screwed by latency unessesarily

What about people with lag spikes? The queue times would be big and i play on a consistant 100 ms and it doesnt really feel that bad for me, sure theres the occasional “Ok that high noon should NOT have got me I was behind a wall” but thats uncommon. Also what about people on EU who play on NA like Ml7 or Kabaji?

lag spikes are an aside… im talking about matching people with constant MS… like they could do a network check and match you with people who share a same band of latency without taking into consideration spikes cause everyone gets spikes

I feel like queue times would be huge with higher latency players and blizzard already hates high queuetimes, it’s why they were reluctant to add 2-2-2 lock until now, but they would be even bigger with a latency lock.

I think the issue is far too small to add a drastic queue time increasing solution like that.

well there is a solution… whether you want it or not is another issue…

no point complaining about it if you don’t want the solution…

the way to fix the problem of latency issues is to pair people with similar latency’s together

1. I wasn’t the one complaining nor making this thread (and on a side note, what’s your issue - again - with people merely asking questions and posing a problem? Second time in a short while you complain about complaining)
  1. It’s no use if a solution actually creates a bigger problem than the one it’s trying to solve (ie. increasing queue times on an issue as small as some people having high latency)

My issue was genji getting attacked through his deflect.

I speak bluntly… if you’re offended by that then its your problem not mine

I never said you were the one complaining or complaining myself about the complaint it was a generalisation and it is correct there is no point in complaining of you dont want the solution

That is the only solution to the problem so long as players with multipal levels of latency are allowed to play together under a system of favour the shooter

A slightly longer queue time for a better quality game is acceptable in my opinion… others may differ but i dont like wasting my time for 20 minutes because of the matchmaking lottery… i would rather wait 10 minutes for a fair and balanced game

As for you this is a latency issue… it may seem that you deflected but from the hogs perspective you probably werent due to their high latency and as it is favour the shooter… they hooked you because you werent deflecting on their screen…

Happens all the time to me playing mei ive been in cryo for a good second sometimes and get hooked out of it

But… I’m not offended :slight_smile:

My point was that latency is not a big enough problem for me to separate people with high ping and low ping in the queue. It will create a problem where there is no problem at all. Your “solution” will just make it completely impossible for people with higher latency to ever find a game, since most people have decent enough latency.

This is not about matchmaking and balance, this is about latency - which is, again, not a very big problem. I might be prepared to have longer queue times for better matchmaking or a 2-2-2 role queue, or something like that, but not because some abilities sometimes don’t seem to land correcly because of latency. Your solution is shooting sparrows with a canon.

Again, I am not offended, nor complaining, I simply don’t agree with what you said. It seems you’re the one getting your panties in a bunch because of that.

Damn it even went on cd! It’s ping. Totally relateable. We see the past guys! I get shot through walls, around corners. My hook get’s cut in half while trying to catch a zen like he has bathed in oil or something.

Why would deflect be on cooldown if it was my latency?