Defense Matrix – Removing Cheaters from Overwatch 2

Defense Matrix – Removing Cheaters from Overwatch 2

Overwatch 2’s Defense Matrix update is here to provide news on our efforts to stop disruptive play in-game.

View Full Article

Fantastic! the amount of cheats in use since going FTP has rocketed, hope this works well.
Of course they will just swap to another of their many free accounts and continue but hopefully it will help.

2 Likes

it would be nice to add randomized player icons and banners so there would be more protection for streamers

Cheaters went up, because players went up. There probably isn’t, on average, “more” than before.

## Optimizing In-Match Reporting

We have new details on improving the reporting and social features in-game to share. We’re adding a new feature to the Scoreboard, where you can now directly regulate the text chat or voice chat of any of your teammates and opponents. You’ll be able to directly mute the text chat or voice chat of any of your teammates, opponents, or yourself, plus adjust individual volume for reach player’s voice. You’ll also have a quick two-click button to file an instant report for any disruptive player in your match. These new features are tailored especially around console players to make it easy to quickly stop and find each action with just a few button presses while the match is in progress. Stay tuned to see these social and reporting features in a future season coming soon!

Nice, something we have requested in the past. Nice to see that they’re listening, or at least potentially played another game and thought “maybe we should add this?”

Do you get a lot of party invites?

2 Likes

Plenty. Not sure that is relevant here though.

i am pleased to announce as well, that whole day i was playing ranked and not a single game without someone aimbotting.

So, literally nothing has changed.

AT this point, reporting is like a chore. I am tired of reporting cheaters. Wasting so much time while it is your job to deal with them.

Let’s be honest if you wanted, cheaters would be banned already.

Streamers aimbotting, game infested with aimbotters AND? And northing happens to them.

0/10.

p.s. what a joke to to “ban” 500k accounts ( who are allowed to create new accounts and continue cheating right away) when at least 50% playerbase cheating. Please…

Were you minmaxing/account boosting with your duo again though?

Which ones?

500.000 banned players who’s already back on new accounts, repeating it all over again.

Ban waves does literally nothing to combat cheaters whatsoever. You’re not gonna be able to stay any steps ahead of the cheaters doing it.

This game needs to have an aggressive kernel level anti cheat that does live bans for the sake of providing us legit players with a safe environment to play in. That should be your main priority, which it isn’t, and never have been. The focus is 100% on the money, nothing else.

Player count went up because of F2P. F2P is an open invitation to cheaters in all FPS games.

This will be a positive for Blizzard on the whole, its a headline grabber to say “We’ve banned X amount of players” which looks good to the community. But as you pointed out alot of these cheaters will just come back on new accounts and Blizzard will spin the positive of “We have seen X amount of new players start playing OW2”

I won’t be the holy grail. It might help a little, but it’s a controversial thing to implement.

Doesn’t seem to make Valorant any safer from cheaters.

Nobody is asking for the ‘holy grail’. We’re asking that Blizzard take responsibility and provide us with a safe environment to play in by live banning cheaters. They have the tech do to it, they just aren’t using it.

It’s made controversial by neckbeard conspiracy theorists living in their parents house, who’s never been outside to touch grass because they’re afraid the government might be watching them.

Far safer than this game, that’s for sure.

1 Like

I saw more cheaters in Valorant during my 30/40 games I played there than I’ve seen in about 6 years of OW.

Yeah you have no idea at all, just your usual assumptions.

Doubtful.

?

Yep, because this is what F2P does. Cheating has obviously become problematic hence the thread.

2 Likes

It’s always been problematic. It will always be problematic.

The level of problem depends who you listen to.