Depressed bronze player needs help

Hi all,

I love playing OW but I am around 500 SR as a tank (Sigma/D.VA) and Support (Moira [main], Baptiste).

I know, everybody will say this about himself, but I think I don’t belong in bronze. Especially not with Moira. I almost have 4 gold every match and around 40 elims, but the others do not even do the simplest things: grouping up, not running in alone, or just go straight afk.

I read and watch alot (youtube, OWL) to educate myself as much as possible, and I only have one big wish: I want to escape bronze just for once in my life. My RL friends do not play OW. Really depressed, no matter how hard I try. Very sad. ;(

Gold here, I believe we can queue up?? maybe. If not I know some friends who would be happy to queue with you.

Battlenet: Lien#11454

I added you.

alithia#2121

Medals mean nothing, and Moira’s job is not to get kills. You need to focus specifically on what your job is. A tank or healer with gold elims is not helping. I would recommend playing DPS, since it’s what you really want to be doing.

1 Like

I almost have gold healing medals every time. I don’t want to play DPS, just want to escape bronze ones.

I did have same feeling as you about 2 months ago. I was sure I did not belong in bronze, but could not get out of it. Always thinking it was the fault of my team mates. But you have to think what you are doing wrong and what you could do better. After a while I realized my positioning was wrong and we did not group up as a team. And you have to know when to fall back as a tank, because your team has to rely on you with your shield. So your main job as a tank is staying alive and provide a shield for your team.

GM player here. Send me a video and I will coach you for free.

added you back :smiley: