Director’s Take – Reflecting on the future of Overwatch 2

Ok. What you all want is a more fair system that allows to grind stuff without paying. Basically. And I’m with you there. Something that allows to make the same amount of cosmetics than OW1 had with the coins and lootboxes. And again, I’m with you there. This cash shop is pure BS and yes, I DO BLAME THE DEVS. Or maybe they thought putting “5000 OW coins” in that skin was a joke? You work for the problem, you are part of it. And yes, I’ve been there and done the exactly oposite as the devs of team 4 are doing, which is keeping silence and doing nothing like good corpo lap dogs. And guess what. I survived, and end up with a much better job. It’s not that hard, you know.
Now, with that said… The lootboxes? Are you serious? Maybe I was the less fortunate gamer on Earth, but I remember that bloody frakin lottery as a 50€ sucker that maybe, MAYBE grants you the skin you want, or it can give you a 1800 coins, 200 blue trash and a middle finger. A system with no pity, working only by chance. IT WAS HORRIBLE, a money sucking lottery. At least now, I know what I’m paying for. Problem is I’m still paying way, way too much for it.

Blame upper management. It’s their decision that it needed to be added to the game, it is their decision to change the path of PvE.

The Devs had their vision. The upper management took away their resources, introduced a highly restrictive return to work policy and replaced staff with juniors and contract workers.

The Devs can be blamed for vomiting out the PR drivel that Bobby makes them say. But other than that they are just trying to get a job done while donkeys move the goal posts.

Wow… blame the corporate, not the people stuck under their feet.

Also. I never bought a single lootbox and had all but maybe 5 or so cosmetics in the entire ow1 hero gallery. They were free to get after all, so why put that much money into them?
I suppose you’re one of the people that the money sucking tactics work on.

Free credits in the battlepass are a good first step, but mostly only helps people who haven’t already grinded all the skins during ow1

I don’t want the paid ones back. The current system + a lootbox every 20k-30k XP would be sufficent omo.

But honestly, even with gambling, the “avoiding duplicates” system made it so that Overwatch1 had the least gambling-y lootbox system. You could get ALL cosmetics for around $500 dollar. A lot better than the egregious $10 000 the cosmetics cost now. That doesn’t mean I want the paid lootboxes back, but if things cost 20 times more, we should be able to earn things 20 times faster.

1 Like

So you want thousands of dollars worth of content for as little as possible??

Sounds great.

Except, the PvE issue should have taught you something. Activision Blizzard’s upper management want maximum profits for minimal costs… Which is the complete opposite of your suggestions.

So even ignoring the massive gambling red flag, it’ll never happen.

Yep! Would be nice to get a lootbox as a reward when leveling up. A reward for a mystery box is hardly gambling.

Probably not going to happen though, as executives want all the possible money they can get.

It would be nice to get $100…

Also, “hardly gambling”… It either is or it isn’t. (It is)

Why reply on both accounts (weird…).

So you’d say getting rewards for completing quests on WoW gambling, would you? Same thing. :man_shrugging: It’s not gambling gaining a reward, pure and simple. If you think that then there should be no rewards on WoW, which would put off the playerbase by a huge amount.

While they’re at it, they should ban the use of fortune cards on WoW because “iTs GaMbLiNg”

Are you saying we’re the same person again?
As he’s been posting on only one account.

That’s a reward.

Receiving the lootbox was a reward. Opening it was gambling.

As said many times before, method of acquisition isn’t relevant. Just selling them looks worse.

Any form of gambling should be banned if under 18s can play, yes. Same as all gambling sponsorship should be banned from sporting events.

Just flag it again. He’ll have to learn eventually.

:clown_face: :clown_face: Opening a rewarded mystery box isn’t gambling.

For what? Telling the truth? You’d only go ahead and flag my posts on your billion accounts anyway. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It isnt gambling lol. this guy keeps trolling

1 Like

You are entitled to your view on whether it is or isn’t gambling. You’re wrong, but you thinking that does no harm.

Spreading lies to attack people is why you got a 30 day suspension. Maybe cease.

I only flag your post if you keep spreading lies, and with one account (my other 2 use the same IP address and it ignores multiple flags from the same IP, so your logic there seems off)

Is that why you got one on Roku (explains why you didn’t post for 30+ days). I got suspended because some very sad individual reports on multiple accounts and lies about it.

1 Like

As explained. I only flagged the posts where you lied and attacked people by claiming they are others. It’s been confirmed by mods that this is harassment. Hence why you received action. So, friendly reminder, don’t do it.

And as said, I could flag you on my 3 accounts. But it’ll do nothing as they are all on the same IP, it’ll ignore pretty much every flag.

So instead of deflecting blame. Take responsibility and be better

bro you spam on many accounts and insult belittle others and constantly lie lol. but you never seem to learn. Telling wolfe to do better is very hypocritical

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s harassment at its finest.

2 Likes

Whataboutery, white knighting and gas lighting isn’t the best defence tactic.

I’m not the one that got suspended and needs to learn.

Given that “Wolfie” often commits the offences he accuses others of, I’d be cautious to defend him so closely. It’s, suspicious to say the least.