Disconect just when i join a game

Hey,
Today i have been disconnecting just when a ranked game start. My internet is fine, as during the ‘banned’ time i have been playing other games normally, when i hit competitive, all is normal, just when the game starts i get : disconnected from server and i can’t log back in , in time.
It happened 4 times, lost 3.3k to 3k rating, and the problem is not from my internet, and i have to wait 8hrs now to play competitive again, and im sure i will get a 5th disconnect than.
Any help?
(no firewall or anti virus blocking the app)

Heya Papanoob,

While we try and figure out what caused this, I’d suggest you stay away from competitive mode for now. Just to avoid getting further suspensions from disconnects.

You mentioned that your internet was fine and you were able to play other games normally. This is a good thing, but do keep in mind that the different games connect to different servers around the world. It is still possible that the connection your computer takes to the Overwatch server is having a bit of trouble for you.

So let’s start by going through the Connection Troubleshooting Support Article. Please go through all the steps listed thoroughly, and retest (quick mode) afterwards.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Hi
I have the exact same problem, and my internet connection is also fine. Overwatch is the only game it occurs in. Other games work fine.

Sincerely Michael

same here – only rated – just when the game launches…

I was aware of the potential for problems tonight so I played Arcade for the first 4 hours tonight to avoid any strife. I then played several games of Comp.
The first few went ok, all be it that the character selection is slow to load. and there are some minor glitches going on.
But tonight I have 3 times been disconnected the from matches, the 3rd of which cost me 50SR and a soft ban for 10 minutes. I can live with the ban and say its a sign I should call it a night, but this is the 3-4th time in the last week I have suffered a Server disconnection (not my fiber internet connection’s fault) and subsequently lost SR.
It’s both demoralizing and infuriating that every time I start to re-climb I lose a chunk of SR through no fault of my own.

Hello everyone,

If you’re suffering disconnections, please start by going through the article linked above by Nenyasqi and follow all the steps, including the advanced troubleshooting.

If the disconnections persist, we will need some data so we can investigate:

• Details of issue:
  • Date/time it started:
  • City/Country:
  • Internet Provider:
  • Traceroute (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • Pathping (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • WinMTR (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!