Disconnecting from Overwatch server

Hello,

Over the last few days, I keep being disconnected from the game server mid game and then unable to reconnect. My suspensions are getting longer and longer and I am leaking skill ranking points.

There is nothing wrong my internet connection and no other game are affected (I have not tried any other Blizzard games but other games are fine) so it is definitely not my internet connection.

This is getting very frustrating as I cannot be sure if I will be able to finish a game now.

3 Likes

same here.But i get it on the start of each match.
I can talk to people in my team and all.But refuses to connect me to game.-400 sr plus suspended 24 hours …
Only happends on this game

Same problem here.

Overwatch just crashed on me and as a thanks also suspended me for 10min.

My husband is also having the issue with Overwatch. Diablo and WoW are both fine for him… and I don’t disconnect from Overwatch(On the same Internet router)… We’ve checked ethernet cord but it’s brand new and just fine- all other games outside of Blizzard work- Wonderin’ what’s wrong!!

What’s wrong with Blizzard servers? i have lost 100 SR this week cos of this “Failed to connect to server” error. And i got a 8 hour penalty. My net was perfectly fine. Why do Blizzard penalize us when it’s a problem at their end, is beyond me. I am too scared to play competitive now as i might get the same error again and get banned for God knows how long. Really frustrating…

I got a season 16 ban. How can i get this ban removed?

I’m having the same problem! First few games of placements this season, no problem. Suddenly start DC’ing immediately when I join a match. I’ve played other games with no problems immediately before and after disconnecting in Overwatch. Now have a 2 hour suspension and am losing SR. Come on Blizzard.

i keep getting failed to connect to server when i try and play with friends as a group, i can play games by myself but when i go to play comp with friends it wont let me join kicks me out with (failed to connect to server) but they get in fine.
anyone know what is going on because 24 hours ago i could play with them fine.

In the process of winning our 2nd map and I get disconnected. I left the screen up “trying to reconnect” and after 1/2 dozen minutes I get back in. However, it took me to the main screen and gives me the option to “Rejoin Match”. Shockingly enough, it doesn’t do anything…
Nothing has changed with my internet/firewall or my computer. Not sure what the issue is.

Same happened to me.

I got put into a crappy LFG region with no one again after the restart. As a separate issue, I hate this.