Do promotion goods transfer to new platform?

Hello!

I’ve been playing Overwatch on PC from the beginning having acquired Origins edition in May 2016 with an additional Widowmaker Noire skin as a bonus from pre-purchasing the game.

I have been thinking of getting Overwatch on PS4 and I am curious as to what can I expect to transfer from my Battlenet / Overwatch PC account to Overwatch PS4?

I have linked my Battlenet and PS accounts previously and I have Diablo 3 on both PC and PS4. By having Overwatch Origins on PC I have also gotten Mercy Wings for my PS Diablo 3 cosmetics.

I understand the usual bought and earned skins on heroes do not transfer and I can get Origins skins by purchasing the apparently still available Overwatch Origins edition to PS4. But I have BlizzCon '17 Winston skin (tied to my Battlenet account) so I am curious as to will I have it on PS4 as well? And can anyone tell from experience would my (PC) pre-purchase Widowmaker skin transfer. Or how about my Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft sprays and player icons?

Those won’t be accessible as far as I know; accounts for different platforms are completely separate for no good reason.

Some skins will transfer over and be available on both but these would be limited to promotional skins. Anything bought / earned through the lootbox system would not be shared.

So this does mean that your Widowmaker Noire skin would appear on your Playstation version of the game along with the Blizzcon skins that you have earned. The only thing you have to do is link your PSN account with the battle.net account that has these skins unlocked.

Incase you need it, we have an article for account linking you can find here.

Best of luck on the PSN circuit! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes