Doomfist and venture

I can’t be the only one tired of playing against the doomfist and venture combination.

Today has been nothing but being punched around without any relief as venture pops up, and when you think you have them on the run there’s a doomfist that squishes you against a wall.

In my opinion Venture’s knockback effects need to be toned down, there’s no fun in being used as a tennis ball and the moment you avoid that fate, a widowmaker oneshots you.

I can’t be the only one who feels this way.
I just want to play the game…

1 Like

You can play the game, quite easily. I don’t mind DF and Venture combo at all.

1 Like

I came up against that a couple of times last night and it was really annoying.

Throw in a Kiri Lucio and you’ve got 4 people just annoying the f out of everyone.

1 Like

One thing to do in that case: play pharah. They both can’t do anything against a pharah.

I’d play pharah if i wasn’t stuck on support.

Our 2 dps and tank kept getting killed by kiriko, zen and widow. While doomfist and venture dove us supports repeatedly.
They always waited for the tank and dps to move in first, then just knocked us back separating us from the other three.

There was nothing we could do to help our team, because our team wasn’t helping us.

I might look through the replay today to figure out if i was just tilted or if it really was as unfair as it felt.

If your stuck support I suppose heroes with height can be good, like a wallriding lucio in some maps. a kiriko climb in some maps. mercy, illari and i suppose a moira with fade. an ana could sleep the doom and make enough space to escape. generally I think its quite easy to become a hero who doenst nessesairyly counter them, but to parry them.

Height only works if venture misses the drilldash.
You can sleep either doom or venture, but the other will get you.

Problem is that in order to be useful i need to play a hero that i’m not actively throwing on just by picking them, and the heroes i’m best at got hard focused by the enemy venture. Ana, i and a dps tried to fight the venture 3v1 and they killed all of us.

It was hard to get to safety with height when the enemy team also had a good widow.

We lacked enough team cohesion and target prioritisation to actually get anything done while our orisa kept running off on their own and not helping us with the venture.
Our damage tried, they tried so hard to help us, but the venture was just in our face all the time.

The best push we managed was with nanovalk and a junkrat tire and we still timed out halfway to shambali’s first point.

I know i could not have done any better even if i had swapped earlier, not when my accuracy is as bad as it is. I would have just been feeding.

A doomfist alone is not an issue most of the time, but a venture, at least this one was a personal raid boss.

I disagree, Venture and Doomfist are both really fun and interesting heroes and it’s because they get to knock people around! (Same goes for ball)

And you can - both heroes can be countered or avoided in a multitude of ways…

But according to you Crowd Control isn’t a problem and after all only tank heroes have CC according to you?

I remember you said something like that previously…

So if that’s the case I’m not sure what your complaint is here, OP…

Doesn’t that just mean they played well?

Not sure why you think that’s an issue with the hero themselves…

:thinking:

1 Like

Didn’t you create a thread to say Orissa needs nerfing, just because one out played you?

You have some valid points above, but this one feels like you’re just taking petty shots for no reason.

Well said and agreed!

The game needs more heroes like them!

:smirk_cat: :+1:

1 Like

Turns out I was wrong - since then I’ve figured out how to outplay Orisa or at least deny her ability to have much impact…

To be honest I don’t find her that problematic anymore…

All in all I think the balance of the game is pretty good…

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Fair play.

I think the mid season patch needs to nerf orissa, and then probably Hog. More for the pro scene / high ranks than anything. No one wants to play that much Orissa.

And venture is a brand new hero added to the game this season. So whatever i’ve said about cc being an issue at the time is outdated as things have changed since.

Venture has nothing that isn’t cc.

So Crowd Control is an issue all of a sudden since the addition of Venture?

You realise there are other heroes that do have CC such as Mei, Ana etc?

:heart:

1 Like

CC is always problematic. No matter what heroes have it.

It is why adjusting the cooldowns is so important. And why Venture might need a tiny nerf in that department.

Doom is always on a knife edge. I think right now, possibly might need a small nerf. But while Orissa, Hog and Mauga are so dominant , it probably isn’t high priority,.

If nerfs and buffs were based on play rates, Doom would have been hard nerfed at the end of last season. His play rate in t500 was mad.

I only think that venture has too much cc.

I’ve not complained of anyone else.

Changes I’d make.

Drill dash cooldown from 8 to 9 seconds.

Burrow from 8 to 9 or remove the ability to contest points while underground.

Using this logic other heroes with invincibility should get this nerf - reaper and zen (wraith and iris)
In my opinion wraith is exactly the same as burrow mechanically, bar burrowing can dash and has the damage at the end. They both become untouchable. And i think that each piece of kit is useful in its own way, and this provided burrowing with the added utility. As originally it was mobility used to escape and flank.

Reaper and Moira id as say could be added…

Zen, his ult, he’s still physically there on the cart/point. Same reason I wouldn’t add Mei to it

I believe moria doesnt count as onpoint much like sombra since shes invisble as well. what im saying is each ability is temporary and a skilled team would hold on long enough to win,