Endorsement Level Down

I didn’t, but my point still stands.

Criticise the end results. As they are visibly a bit naff.

But don’t criticise their efforts. They tried something, it didn’t land, they go again.

But all this is from a end user perspective to which you are totally entitled to have an opinion on, after all, you are using the product but you don’t really know all the inner workings and the quality of it. So to call the developers incompetent is a bit far fetched.

As for game engines: I think they do pretty well. If you look at Overwatch and its own proprietary engine which was built from scratch, it’s running super smooth. Isn’t it great that there are companies out there that still develop their own engines instead of taking one of the shelves (Unity, Unreal etc)? I think so. This only makes the gaming landscape more diverse and innovative, which is a good thing.

If you’re a senior developer than you know how much of a bastard the end user is. Mehhh haven’t read the manual but bad product, mehhh migration sucks, meh upgrade sucks, meh button not in this place anymore…it sucks. Guess who’s the end user here?
I agree not being transparent about algorithms and inner mechanics sucks, I would give my left nut to know how the rating system works in the smallest detail and I would also like to know a bit more about the endorsement system but you have to realize that they probably have a different than average user base, a user base that wants to manipulate algorithms and mechanics in their favor which isn’t always a good thing in gaming.

World of Warcraft is a different story because it stems from a time where gaming and gaming development wasn’t that mature and polished. We’re talking about a 18 year old game here and I’m pretty sure that this legacy is also sometimes a burden to the developers, just like for example X86 or win32 is. Besides, the engine got tons and tons of improvements over the years and I’m pretty sure that if they could build it al from scratch in present day with modern knowledge, you’ll have a better product.

That said, I agree the endorsement system isn’t perfect and could be better.

Personally I think the endorsement system encourages people to be better team mates. I think it’ll work better if rewarded for certain endorsements.

1 Like