Escaping from 800SR - How come?

Hi.

Had a nightmare this season. Dropped down to 700 from 1200 and I’m having the toughest times I never faced. Chaining losses from teams totally unable to sync, behave as a group, or respond to calls.

I’m doing the job the best I can, try to play the team, and work hard to improve. I know when to push, when to back, or tempo/cover. I also follow the lead when there’s one, and call directions/focuses when noone’s doing it. Watched alot of OWL/OWC and forces myself to have an analytical vision of what I’m doing.

I played with some friends recently (34xx+) and they told me that according to what they saw, I should be way above 800. TO be even more clear, they told me that the issue is playing tank&support - which I main because I’m that flex guy who almost always last picks to have decent comps.

Among the advices I got, here are a few, and how I see them:

• “Start a new account, because you’re plagued with a beginner MMR. Starting fresh will place you in a better spot to move up.”
    Well, aside from the perks & skins I like, nothing binds me to this account. But I don’t like the idea of being forced to switch back to another account to enjoy competitive play.

• “Play DPS because at 800 someone has to do the job, and no matter how good a support player you are, you’ll never win games with poor DPS.”
    This should be true for my opponent too, right? Playing DPS is something I partially enjoy, I have a prefference for support because I find it way more satisfying to win as a team than to be a pure killer.

• “Find players to play with that have the same objective”
    So did I, I have absolutely no trouble making teammates, but the problem is finding people to play with over time, that is beyond 3/4 games. At this SR, people seem to be either pissed of, or not that into comp.

So yeah, little burn out here, I’m genuinely asking for advice on how to move on. Any help appreciated.

Im having the same problem as you, to be honest. I play well as Support & DPS. It even your team doesn’t want to go as 2 dps, 2 tank and 2 support. They even messing about and going as Dps only but I can help you if you want. I was in sliver placement but I were back to Bronze as most of my teamates keep on running in whenever I told them to stay back or they won’t even listen and complain about the team running in or Support not bothering to help e.g

You’re more than welcome to add me if you need. I were from 1701 to 1047 yesterday

Add me if you need to be, but may you tell me how your team act when you’re playing competitive?

If you have some sort of mechanical skill, just frag them with the dps of your choice (fast/hral is always great so flanker or soldier)

I would personally suggest new account and continue as support/tank but with more aggressiveness to get a good start rank.

Hey, I am mid-high plat, I am interested in coaching, may be I can help you analyse your games. Add me noodlegod#21611

Thanks alot for your replies.

Zursed / Noodlegod, I’ll be adding you tonight. I’d love to share games.

K

I would also like to help with coaching although I don’t have a mic, I’m early to mid dia, add me if I could be of any help C:

Your friends are wrong, all 3 advices are bad, so dont listen to them next time, issue is not playing Tanks or support and new acc will not solve your game play. You are most likely doing some critical mistakes in your game play. Can you record your game? I can review it and give you some coaching for free.

If you are interested, join our discord and ask for Zax. I helped to many people before who climbed after.

discord.gg/vyMY5ZZ

Watch a tonne of streams of top players that play your heroes, find online tutorials, youtube videos. You think you understand the game, but your results say otherwise.

Ensure you have a winning setup. I hear some people say “well when i got the game I had 35 sensitivity because that’s what the default was”

When in reality almost every high level player, has sensitivity of 4-12 depending on their preferences and mouse DPI.

Understand the actual system of the game itself, how you climb and “exploit” the system, in that you play to how the system works. I.E Performance Based SR, rather than simple win / lose SR.

Never flex. Your SR will be all over the place and your losses will hit you hard. Play QP to get a solid foundation on heroes sure, but for your climbing, commit to learning 1-3 heroes max if you honestly want consistent games.

Use Overbuff to check out your stats, how you compare to other people that play your heroes, and where your stats are lacking.

Grind. You actually have to put hours into this game. You’re bronze border 1 star. I’m bronze border 5 stars, there’s people that have played 100’s of hours more than both of us. You are not truly grinding at “1 hour a day” sorry to tell you.