Failed to connect to server

this has started happening so regularly suddenly and I’m sick of it.
I don’t even get loaded into the map, I just stay in the main menu with an error message that says “failed to connect to server” this season alone it has happened about 12 times already and It is mayorly spoiling the fun in this game for me.
-50 sr and a 10 minute queue cooldown on top of the giant queue times, if someone coold please get their sh*t together and finally solve this issue that has been in overwatch for 3 years that would be nice.

I have posted this a few times but the only responses I’ve gotten by tech support or mods (If I even get a response at all) is stuff I did already, and then they disappear into thin air

7 Likes

Perhaps you need a new router or one closer to where you play, I had similar problems and this fixed them

I don’t have any connectivity problems though, besides i have my router practically right next to my pc. I have glass fiber internet, every other game works fine and even in overwatch the only place this problem happens is in queue during competitive. I followed every tip on the blizzard forums and I don’t know what’s wrong which is extremely frustrating.

I appreciate the advice though

4 Likes

Damn that sucks, hopefully they fix it eventually cuz I know how annoying it is

Thanks, I am pretty frustrated by this

1 Like

Hi BananaSpooks!

So I absolutely understand how frustrating that is, but there are a few steps you can take to try and fix it. :slight_smile:

1. Delete the Overwatch Settings file - This is typically found under ‘This PC > Documents > Overwatch’.

2. Repair Overwatch - A guide to that can be found here:
    Repairing Battle.net Games - Blizzard Support

Hopefully that should resolve it for you!

Yours,

Arythwinn

1 Like

this has started happening so regularly suddenly and I’m sick of it.
I don’t even get loaded into the map, I just stay in the main menu with an error message that says “failed to connect to server” this season alone it has happened about 12 times already and It is mayorly spoiling the fun in this game for me.
-50 sr and a 10 minute queue cooldown on top of the giant queue times, if someone coold please get their sh*t together and finally solve this issue that has been in overwatch for 3 years that would be nice.

1 Like

I have the same problem and I don’t know how to fix this.

I’ve tried this along with resetting all electronics in the house, moving my router onto my actual computer (even though I use an ethernet camble) flushing my dns and a bunch of other stuff, none of it worked. I have a ticket pending at customer support. I appreciate you trying to help me and I apologised for my saltiness, this problem just frustrates me.

Do you already have a solution for this issue BananaSpooks?

i do now after a very long blizzard tech support ticket

What’s the solution? I’ve been waiting for a response for about 3 days & I can’t log in Overwatch.

I basically deleted all my active apps and antivirus and reinstalled them one by one, right now It just happened again for the first time in a while and i think my camera caused the problem this time

Just had 2 ‘Failed to connect to server’ on the NA server in 30 min. 1 on role que and 1 on open que. I do have a good connection. It only happens during comp games and never had in quick play or arcade. This is just so frustrating if you try to climb in rank but the server errors keep you from climbing. I have no other programs like google chrome or anything else open that eats on my connection. I do apologize if i sound salty but this happens a lot these last few seasons (after season 17 or 18) to me and i also believe that it happens to others. Thank u for reading :pray:

I also have this problem, trying to play comp but I keep getting this ‘failed to connect to server’ and I lost over 150 sr over the past few days and I just got a two hour ban. I want to play the game but apparently I can’t. If this happens a few more times I think I’ll actually get banned this season. Is it necessary to uninstall every program I have to get this fixed?

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP

Ps4 , exact same problem as described. I HAVE LOST 300 SR and have been banned for 2 hours total today , as someone who works in tech , how hard can this be to get right w/o penalizing players?

You are either in a game , or not. This isnt schrodingers competitive game ?

2 Likes

I’ve just gotten an 8 hour comp ban for this very thing, happened to me 4 times between yesterday and today :crazy_face:

1 Like

The same happened here twice on ps4. First suspended for 15 min. Then an hour and loss of SR. Both times I didn’t even get in the game while my mates I was queing with did. Second time I only saw rejoin match but however often I clicked, it did nothing. So frustrating to finally find a game, only to get penalized. Same thing happened to group member earlier. Could it be a problem with us being in the EU and other members in the US? If so I would have to avoid playing with US ppl which narrows down the amount of ppl to play with significantly. I don’t want tonrisk getting banned for doing nothing wrong. :cry:

2 Likes

I fixed it by placing my internet extender closer to my router. Internet signal was just too low.

I have the same exact F thing. I’m still talking to everyone but then they’re in a game and I’m in the F main menu. Then I check my connection and there’s nothing wrong with it ofc. If I’m still talking to everyone around the world it couldn’t be my internet. I’m trying to climb but I keep losing 50 SR every time it happens. And on top of that I get suspended for just 15 minutes even though It wasn’t my fault but the next time I get suspended for eight F hours. The game is already dying if they don’t fix this they’ll make the loyal people leave as well.