"failed to connect" unable to click rejoin match

Again i get a “failed to connect” error for like a minute after finding a comp match with the rejoin match button in the top menu, but not being able to click it and unable to join. Meanwhile im on voice with my premade who i can talk to normally so my internet cant even be down telling the team i cant join, My overwatch never went down either. lost 50 sr and got a 10 min ban cause the game wont let me click the rejoin button. a few months ago when this happened i could even see the team chat talking while i was on the overwatch menu screen still also unable to click rejoin. why do i get penalized for this when its the game that wont let me click rejoin? if i cant even load into the game why take my sr?

edit: i see a diff post about this issue talking about internet cutting out but then it still doesnt make sense why i even get to go into the match, either dont let me into that match without losing sr or let me play the game if my overwatch is working fine? :thinking: can understand if u leave midgame not if the match didnt even start tho.

2 Likes

Hello calvin

For that specific error message of “failed to connect to server” I would recommend that you try the following steps:

• Delete the Overwatch Settings file under This PC → Documents → Overwatch ( *%userprofile%\Documents\Overwatch* )

• Repair Overwatch: In the Blizzard App click on Options → Scan and Repair

You can also try more standard connection troubleshooting steps like the ones on this guide.
Hopefully this should fix the issue but if not, just reply back to this post with a WinMTR test result and your system files (both pasted via Pastebin). With those files we can try to check a bit further what may be causing you these issues. :slight_smile:

I have the same issue as him but for PS4. What can I do?

1 Like

This doesn’t work for me - the only thing I’ve found does work is by using a VPN. I don’t really want to have to pay $10 a month just to play the game, though. Do you think this could be blanket fixed somehow?

I’m Australian so I know we get put on the backburner a fair bit as we don’t account for as much of the playerbase, but an actual fix for this would be nice rather than calling up our ISPs individually and asking for different internet traffic routes.

same my router is right next to my ps4