Feedback on the Overwatch Ranking System

Dear Overwatch Team,

I’d like to address the current ranking system in Overwatch. Despite achieving five wins against three losses, I’ve observed that my rank remains at Master 4. This lack of transparency has left me feeling unsure about my progression, it is discouraging to continue playing under the current circumstances.

Would it be possible to consider a more intuitive system? One suggestion could be to make each division out of 100 points (players get 20-30 points after each match based on hero performance, this will be 3-4 games in total to reach 100 points), and upon reaching the threshold, players could enter three placement matches that determines whether to progress current division or not. This modification would offer players a clearer understanding of their progress and potential for advancement, ultimately reducing overall frustration.

Additionally, there seems to be an issue with the queuing system. Currently, unranked accounts cannot join games with unranked friends. Given that Overwatch is designed to be played with friends, it sure has a lot of restrictions to do so. I hope these concerns can be addressed promptly.

If you are queuing for ranked games as unranked players… You are always matched on MMR. So even without a rank the system knows where you should be and if you are too far apart it will stop you.

Ranked has an issue with high ranked players min/maxing to boost their accounts atm, so I doubt they’d ever change this.