Fix competitive mode

The worst matchmaking I have ever seen. I’m averaging 10-15k damage with tanks(Orisa, winston, Ram), absolutely obliterating the opposition and my teammates(dps) average 5000 damage. It’s disgusting. How can I climb to my rightful rank if you place me in gold with bronze-level teammates

I wanted to go for the Jade weapon skin for Orisa but at this rate I won’t even reach the 1500/3000 mark for competitive points due to just how deflating the experience is

1 Like

Stats don’t really mean you’re playing well or badly. The game has a lot more nuance.

SR has been reset and MMR tweaked slightly. Matches will have some scatty element for a short period.

No, I’m playing way above my teammates. It’s so easy for me to breeze through the enemy team. Matchmaking is broken.

And you think that because stats?

I think this might be the start of your issues.

When I’m finding the game incredibly easy and outplaying my opposition tank and dps but my teammates are incompetent, yes, the game is heavily flawed.

What rank are you? I have 4000 hours on ow and know this game inside out; it’s clear when something is broken. I don’t need your ‘guru’ advice to a simple situation

1 Like
  1. Impressive. I’d need to check all my accounts but seeing as I’ve played since beta, I’d imagine it’s pretty high.

Also rank is irrelevant, but I’ve played from bronze to t500.

You finding a match “easy” doesn’t mean the match maker is wrong, or that youre in the wrong rank. Unless you’ve deliberately deranked to smurf, but I’m assuming you’ve not done that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/1awjw44/gavin_winters_confirms_mercy_players_were_boosted/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

To go back a step, heres a dev being interviewed explaining why stats aren’t a good metric for determining your skill (also gets a shot in at mercy players too which made me laugh)

It’s a fair asessment. You can’t climb by just healing, you need your target prioritisation to be good too. Not to mention game sense and positioning.
(Good thing i didn’t play comp at the time, it would have felt so bad)

If i got put into diamond based on my heals i’d never play comp again because i’d be throwing just by queueing.

Could be the recent soft mmr reset, but if your team is struggling you need to help them.
Even if it’s just a single dps killing them all repeatedly while you’re keeping all the rest at bay.
It’s a team based game, if your team loses, you lose.
Sadly, that does mean you have to babysit them a little until you’ve climbed out of there.

Bro I’m not even convinced everyones in the right rank still, you’ve got to give it a good 2-3 months for everyone to settle in. I’m guessing people are still unranked because my games after being diamond/plat going into gold are NOT gold games I can tell you that and anyone that has to be toxic and say “nah skill issue tbh” go take a shower, sick of hearing that rubbish. The matchmaking, the patches, everything about season 9 is atrocious.

This is probably a part of the issue. Going to take a while to settle down.

That being said, lets just blame the SR reset and the MMR adjustment… Not match making, that isn’t doing anything differently.

The patch is the patch. Better than they try to change things from time to time. Aren’t going to get it perfect every time, if ever.

you sure dont act like a good player