Fix your rank system

Hey all,

Gonne make another throw at this (eventhough it is quite clear this won’t matter). I am losing the will to keep on playing this game simply because my performance on how I play, influence my ranking SR very little. Please create a more individual performance rating system.

My healing statts are generally about 20% higher than anyone else at my ranking. In a lot of situations the other support guy is abselute crap, yet they remain at the same ranking.

My suggestion is to make the SR system more individual performance based overall (so also above 3000). Meaning if you win/lose, the points that you win/lose depend on your performance (based on your average stats per 10 min). The stats should be compared to the average of your skill rating (gold, plat, diamond,…). So If you lose a game but you did better than the average player for that hero in that rank, you should lose less points.

Every hero has its own key stats that should be used so for support it would mean:

• Mercy = healing / Damage amplified
  • Moira = healing / damage done
  • Zenyatta = healing / damage done / (I would say the damage as a result of the orb but it is not tracked it seems).
  • Lucio = healing / damage

Smurf accounts will faster increase ranking. When you are fighting against a smurf, people will not get discouraged since their statts will remain very important making sure everyone gives it their best until the very end (since you won’t lose as much SR when still playing well.)

Arguments:

1. This game is not about stats…

I disagree. If you play the game efficiently, your stats (damage, healing,…) will be higher/better than the average. I think this will be the main discussion point so please provide examples of situations where the damage/Healing/tank stats etc… would be less even if you would be playing very efficiently. Take into account that the formulas calculating your SR rating would be different per hero depending on the key stats performance of that hero and most situations could be taken into account by setting up a good formula for the SR calculation. (for example a mercy boosting a phara = damage amplification would be taken into account). So I am looking for situations where a hero would not do any damage/tanking/healing (trackable stat) that would still result in great gameplay.

1. People would just be shooting shields to boost their stats

Then they will have low eliminations (which should increase the SR loss) and they are more likely to lose the game ending in them losing SR since they are not going for the eliminations. Such players will be punished harder in SR losses than other good players who know when to focus shields and when to go for players. So in the end those players would end up in lower ranking.

1. If I have a bad team, I won’t be able to get a lot of eliminations and I will lose more SR.

The whole point is to improve the SR rating so in the beginning indeed you will have such situations but if you are good enough, the next game when you get a decent team, you will also win more SR if you are truly above the average. So overall you would be gaining more SR and the ones causing that bad game would have bad stats and therefore go down ranking.

Overwatch is losing popularity… rank system is complete ****. Do something about it.

Overbuff shouldn’t be used as a stat measurement tool. It captures the entire game from the PoV of your most played character, meaning if you switch a lot you will have lower stats and if you play one character through the entire game you will have higher stats. It is not accurate.

What do you mean with overbuff?

In my proposal I suggest looking at statts per hero based… what you described is no where near what I described. or did you mend thats who it currently is…

How do you know your stats are better than the average at your rank? You used some website no doubt, either overbuff or oversumo. Overbuff is inaccurate as I already said. Oversumo, even assuming that they can check all profiles of every player, cannot be relied upon because most profiles are private. So you don’t actually have proof that your stats are better.

Ingame I just check the other support players profile… I always do this to determine how much I can rely on the other support player. If he has bad statts, I’ll go main healer, otherwise I can go offhealer.

These are my statts:
h ttps://ibb.co/BBHGFCv

I rarely see anyone with better statts… yet I see soo many bad support players.

Also me:
h ttps://ibb.co/T2FHSfC (=> lost 20 SR that game… that shouldn’t be the case)

Sorry but nobody is going to take seriously hearsays.

I am showing my statts… its facts that I prove. go ahead and compare to others…

And this discussion is not about whether or not my statts are above avarage but about my proposal of having an individual performance rating ranking system.

You are basing your proposal on stats you feel are better than the average at your rank. You cant support your claim with actual data which makes the whole thing pointless.

My statts are irrelevant to the proposal. I’m just sharing my statts as a side note that it would be beneficial in my situation. Whether that is the case or not, doesn’t influence the proposal. Gonne stop going offtopic now.

What you are proposing already exists below diamond, where you are playing. If you want it changed you need to give arguments why the change needs to be made. It cant happen on a whim.

emphasizing the more

You never gave a reason why.

The fundamental problem with the SR ranking system is that this is a team game, not a single player game. ELO ranking works in Chess because it’s one player against another player.

Obviously this isn’t true in Overwatch, you have zero control over what your allies do or don’t do. If they want to stand in the corner spamming emotes there is absolutely nothing you can do, but the game considers this a failure on your part. There is no easy solution. I can’t heal anyone if they all die in one hit running face first at the enemy Widow. You could maybe rank players if they played 1v1 with 5 bots each. And maybe you could account for how well a player’s teammates are doing (ie. if the team overall performs worse than expected, reduce the penalty for each individual). And give players a way to assess throwing, smurfing, etc… Automated systems are not working.

That sounds like nothing will ever work… I agree there is no perfect scenario but my proposal would be a lot better than the current one in the sense that when you keep doing your best, you will continiously be rewarded/less punished for it.