Fixing Competitive, the Leaver issue

Dear Overwatch Team! I love this game seriously, and I love the competitive nature of it. But the leaver issue hangs there since comp is out. There has to be a workaround. Like when a player joins a match in progress, the player who joined can’t lose sr, but only gain half or 3/4 if they win. It would be so less frustrating then the imminent demise of playing against 6 people with only 5. Punishing leavers is a thing, and it should be,but the huge amount of sr lost because of a leaver doesn’t feel fair. I shouldn’t be riding a payload with a kneel emote, cause 3 people already quit the game because of 1 player. This doesn’t even happen in quickplay. Please work around this issue somehow it would make the game less frustrating to play by a longshot!

Thank you for listening!

The devs are only reading the US forums. If you want to reach them, you’d have to post there.

What you propose has been asked before, but it wouldn’t fix the problem and create an even worse one.

Some players are already pretty toxic; if you now give an incentive for the losing team to “get rid of” a player to save a few SR, the abuse would skyrocket. People would be pressured to leave.

Treating a 5v6 loss like a normal loss is the only way to prevent this. There must never be an advantage for a team when somebody on their side leaves, it leads to bullying.

But now the good news: you always play with 5 random players against 6 random players. So, in the long run, the enemy team will have leavers more often than your team (unless you’re the one leaving, of course). So every SR you lose by having a leaver, you will eventually gain back because the opponent had one.

in theory, but theory and reality are two very different things…

the same reason i never get the smurf on my team, its always on the opposite side

The leaver issue has to include people who just afk in spawn. I suggest they all get 1day comp and qplay ban straight up that doubles every time they do it again. 2 days, 4 days, etc