Forced losing streaks

Game is designed so you will lose much more while getting better.
This is done to manifest addicition, to keep you playing.
Losing streaks encourage play to for once win, this is the strategy that is used in order to try to incur addiction to this (mediocre) game.

2 Likes

Please explain how this is done.

I think the more likely scenario would be that it gives you “free” wins here and there.
Of course, being on the opposite end of this would give you a loss. Same result really.

Competitive games have done this in the past.
Dynamic difficulty and all that.

To OP: I would recommend that when you’re having these games that supposedly force you to lose that you go and watch the replay of the game.
And don’t just look at your team, searching for mistakes that you can use as an excuse as to why you lost.
Take a look at yourself and see what you may have done wrong and learn from that.

1 Like

Feeling this way! I will win a couple of games in comp then get hit with a huge streak of impossible to win games I lost 5 games in a row in placements and all of them were because we had AFK or throwers in our team not to mention the fact i always have the lowest level accounts on my team facing multiple accounts over 600 and 1000 level

I find it pretty obvious the game is basically picking when you have a fighting chance and when you are screwed

Absolutely correct and well understood. But, fanbois will not listen to this. Cognitive Dissonance

then if you always lose without any wins at all, you will be the best player. got it, seems logical. Doesn’t matter if you don’t win any games when you are the best player. :rofl:

1 Like

if this game is designed to do anything then its to try to match you up so you get as close to 50/50 as possible.

the match makers aim is to have fairly equal fights based on how well you play…

I mean the whole point of comp is just to treat your match making rating as your rank basically ± some abstraction.

so i really don’t see any enforced loosing mechanic…
You do see that in some pay to win type games though.

But overwatch is not one of those.

losing btw
Do you have solid proof for your assertions? Any?
I am curious.