FPS Drops for a quick second

I dont really have a problem with that to be fair but Im very confused and curious. A lot of times my FPS are going from 240 to 30 FPS for a quick second. I thought my graphics are just too high but well it still didnt change anything. Since today I turned my graphics on Epic just for fun and now I constantly have 60/70FPS and it never dropped below it. Now Im very confused why I had these FPS Spikes. Does anyone have an explanation of that?

2 Likes

I had a similar issue.
For me, it all came down to the power settings.

Maybe try to set the power settings of Windows to “best performance” (not sure if this is on laptop only), the power management mode for your GPU to “maximum performance” and any other power settings there might be (for example if you are on an MSI Laptop there would be the MSI creator center, which also controls power management) to high performance.

The idea behind this is, that your GPU might not be fully occupied all the time while you play with your normal graphic settings and therefore tries to save some power for a split second resulting in these frame drops.
When you turn up the graphic settings to epic your GPU might need all the power it can get and hence preventing it from turning down (even only for a second)

1 Like

Alright got it! I turned it on now. We will see if it works :D. But thanks!

Hi!
If you’re still encountering FPS issues, you may want to try the steps in this thread:

Are you using any on-screen overlays (e.g. Discord, Overwolf, etc.) by chance?

Never used a screen overlay. But I dont have the FPS Issues anymore.

So where do I find good teammates?