FPS issues ONLY at the start

New Drivers - tried everything Tyrskorn mentioned.
Full system reset during competitive match. Logged back in just in time to help them win it.
4 hours suspension now.
For some reason, it’s creating a memory hole and my graphics card (way above recommended) is running out of memory and blowing the game out.

Fixed this very easily. Reinstall the lastest driver and do “custom install” instead

Hi , I’m not sure what exactly happened but lately when I launch OW i’ve had terrible lag issues, I normally sit at around 200 FPS in game when playing, but after launching it takes about 5-10 minutes to get to that point, during which time there is so stability in my FPS and it drops down to around 20-30 FPS until it decides its ready to go. i’m not real tech savvy so i don’t even know where to begin to look. Any help at all will be super appreciated

If need be i’m even willing to chat about it in game so theres that real time comms or something. I just wanna play my game

i had the same problem but when i reset my computer it was resolved

no luck for me. i really dont want to do a fresh install of windows either!!! blehhhh this problem has been for over a month i cant play overwatch this is dumb

Yes also having the same problems!
RTX 3070

Currently, whenever I launch the game I am faced with extreme stuttering for about 5-10 minutes. This is to the point where I am sometimes left on the same frame for about 5 seconds until the game moves on. However, all audio is consistent with what is happening on my teammates pov. And after a few minutes (about the average length of a qp match) the stuttering vanishes

Specs:
Ryzen 7 1700
16GB ddr4 3200mHz
GTX 1060 3gb

This used to be able to easily run overwatch at the desired 144hz (though I currently have it capped to 90)

Are there any solutions to this issue?

• I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Overwatch.
  • Updating Nvidia drivers to the latest version
  • Running the game in borderless window rather than fullscreen
  • Lowering settings (basically were at minimum to maximize framerate anyway)

deleted: I don’t want offer further assistance to help this “company”

deleted: I don’t want offer further assistance to help this “company”

This issue seemed to resolve for me with the newest Nvidia Driver Update

Start battle net as administrator. That fixed it for me.

I still have the same issue. AMD RX 6700 XT with latest everything (CPU is older). After one match I’m running on constant 120+ FPS, in the beginning it’s like 20-.

Have tried different suggestions here (some are deleted, don’t know what’s these), nothing has helped so far.

Tried these as well: Blizzard Support - Overwatch 2 Performance (FPS) Issues

EDIT: So it seems, either out of the blue or from latest patch (24-07-2023 or 25th?), the issue is no more.

1 Like

I’ve still got this issue with 7900XT as does my bf with 7800XT… must have been going on a year with no solution. Tried reinstalling windows, new drivers, old drivers, studio drivers… nothing seems to fix it. After a minute or two it is stable 165fps, before that it fluctuates all over from 20-100. We’ve had no issues with other games, only does it on overwatch.

1 Like

same here ive been having the same problem for about a year too with a 5700XT… I finally decided to spend some time to try and fix it… Does blizzard even know about this though because this tread talks about solutions for nvidia cards.
I think im gonna start my own thread because in my case its accompanied with some other problems too

6900xt here and I still have this issue. I’ve been trying all kinds of things. I even moved my game to a different M.2 drive. I am considering opening a support ticket.