Free Weekends need to stop

The first games are weird. the system has no idea where to place you.

Probably the first 10 levels you should really completely disregard in terms of “experience” just work on the basics. After that the system will start to be more consistent with match making.

But as a vox pop, 4 people is a little small sample to make such a bold statement.

If it wasn’t for the free weekend. You probably wouldn’t have 4 mates coming to play with you.

1 Like

That’s a valid point. There is definitely benefit to being able to try a game before buying it. Perhaps a model similar to WoW or D3 would be more suitable, where there is some sort of cap to the play time. This way there is no “flood” of smurf accounts during a short period of time.

There is on free weekend accounts. You can only go to level 20 (at least this used to be). Then they have to “buy” the account to go further.

So in reality it does noting for so called smurfs. It really only appeals to people that want to give it a try.

How do people get notified about free weekends?
I was looking for one to show my friends on console but there are no effing communications about these ever. I only stumble across these afterwards…
I get the blizzard mails: no mention of it. I follow the “PlayOverwatch” Twitter: no mention about it. I play the game: no mention about it there either.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get notified about these.

Twitter.
Instagram.
Other social media platforms

BattleNet will also advertise it.

Besides Instagram, I had all these and there was no mentioning about it.

On Battle.Net Launcher there are still news about the Crossplay addition from june, but there is no news about a free weekend anywhere. Latest news is “New Blood” comic and “Winter Wonderland skins”

1 Like

They tend to only happen around big events.

So probably won’t be one til April I’d guess.