G-Sync locked FPS

My monitor is G-Sync Compatible and I turned it on and Fast V-Sync a few days ago for Windowed and Full screen games, but I realized an issue. When i am in Full screen mode I get the normal fps anywhere from 1-300, but when I go Borderless mode I get locked at 143. I am not sure if this is normal or not, Is anyone else having this issue?

Yeah, I’m having this issue too. Super annoying ):

1 Like

same issue here, even w/o any syncs

1 Like

Hello,

This article here might help you all with your issue.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, :smile: but none of that helped, I have also noticed that my FPS is uncapped in full-screen mode in every game, but also like Overwatch if I put it into Borderless it get capped at 143 if i can get that high.

Hello again,

And is that with vsync on or off? I have just checked on my machine here and i get above 150 fps with them set to 300 and vsync off.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Vsync off, It’s something to do with the G-sync being on.

Have you checked the settings for G-Sync?

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

When i disable G-sync borderless window mode lets me get up to the 300 fps

Hello again,

I am getting a bit confused now to be honest. If you can have up to 300 FPS in borderless window mode, what is the issue now?

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

If i want to use G-sync it locks my borderless windowed mode to 143 fps without me having a limit set. When i turn G-sync off it does not limit my fps. I want to use G-Sync but if with my fps limited to 143 when i drop fps it is very noticeable.

Alright, thank you for the clarification. What monitor are you using? A 144 hz one? If so, it is not surprising that you get limited to 144 hz because G-Sync does synchronize with it.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

Yeah it’s 144 hz,but i have Fast sync on in the NVIDIA control panel so i thought it was supposed to be unlimited even in borderless window mode.

No, that is unfortunately not how it works. It basically is, G-sync on, fps limited to the refresh rate of your monitor, G-sync off = unlimited. You can read more here about it and for further Questions regarding their features, you might want to contact NVIDIA support.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

But with fullscreen and G-sync my fps is unlimited, no where does it say that borderless gets limited.

Like I said already, G-Sync is an NVIDIA tool. For more information about how it works, please get in touch with NVIDIA. You can also find a very good explanation here.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

it might just override. But if you run more FPS than your monitor supports, G-Sync turns off and you are using fast-sync (if you enabled it). So makes no difference.

If you want G-Sync you cannot run higher FPS than your monitor supports. Thats why it has the word Sync in it.