Game closes after being open for about 3-5mins

I am having an issue that no one else seems to have in that my overwatch 2 will just close itself randomly after about 3-5mins, I get no error pop-up and the logs show little but not much, I updated my drivers, I redownloaded the game and deleted all the config files, still happens. It did not happen with overwatch 1,

I tested overwatch 2 with a laptop with completely different hardware and a fresh install of windows and updated drivers, same thing as well on that, I think my account itself might be bugged.

[16240] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2022-10-04T22:34:13.228Z]: PathOps: [20221004T17:34:13] {36e0} ERR: … is the leading path component: /…/.build.info

[16240] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2022-10-04T22:34:13.228Z]: PathOps: [20221004T17:34:13] {36e0} ERR: path normalization failed: /…/.build.info

This is all I get in the error log on both my pc and laptop and only thing I can find related to it is razer stuff online but that is not possible since the laptop is a fresh windows install and I would never install that stuff on my main computer, both have very capable hardware as well.

The error log seems to be point to the .build.info which looks to me like it has account related info inside it

6 Likes

Hey, my friend got the same problem. I tried to play on his account, and it worked for me, which means it’s not account-related. He still did not fix it, please tell me when u got more info

1 Like

Same thing, you are definitely not alone. A few people complained about it in the US forums. None of my friends do, though, so it seems to be a bit rare. And I only got it today after the maintenance, I played several hours yesterday.

Zero error logs, even Windows Event Viewer shows nothing, which indicates the game is literally quitting itself and not technically “crashing”. Same result, though :smiley:

I and my friend tried everything, still did not working

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. I have tried all the launch paramters, updating my drivers and everything out there.

Let me know if you find a fix please!

2 Likes

hello! any updates ?

On Linux I needed to install WINE-Caffe then the crashes stopped.

what’s that? Do you think it will work also on windows?

Although since you get error logs it might be a different crash you are experiencing.

1 Like

Sorry, WINE is not for Windows. It basically makes Windows games actually run on Linux. So sometimes you need to update it if a new game with odd quirks comes out like OW.