Game server connection failed

I’m having an issue with overwatch where when I launch the game all I see is “Game server connection failed… Retrying”.

The problem started a few hours ago, I’ve tried checking for corrupted game files, checking for updates, switching servers and restarting my PC/router, Overwatch is the only game having this issue and it’s irritating.

pls help.

EDIT: Restarted my PC again then checked for updates a few times and now it’s working fine

3 Likes

Hello KingPot,

Happy to read the game is working again for you!

If this happens again, check this article and make sure you follow all the instructions, including the advanced steps:
battle.net/support/article/99037

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!

The same thing is happening when I open the game.
I’m having an issue with overwatch where when I launch the game all I see is “Game server connection failed… Retrying”.

The problem started a few hours ago, I’ve tried checking for corrupted game files, checking for updates, switching servers and restarting my PC/router, Overwatch is the only game having this issue and it’s irritating.

pls help.

EDIT: Restarted my PC again then checked for updates a few times and now it’s working fine

It is happenening again in 2020. I can’t even start the launcher to see if there is an update.

any fix? (20charlimit)

It happened again. I can’t connect to “Europe” region only. But I can connect to “Americas” and “Asia” regions.