Game stuck on calculating size

What a mess.

It’s 2020, we shouldn’t expect anything else.

Beta mode works, thanks bro!

Can confirm: beta mode works fine. Thank you so much for trying and sharing this information.
Happy holidays & see you in Overwatch;)

Can confirm the beta launcher fixes the issue. Use the “Try now” button from the launcher, not the downloaded exe from browser.

ty so much dude always wanted to try overwatch on PC!

its still stuck on calculating size, someone help

nevermind
ive done it

Same issue with COD Cold War. Beta mode fixed that too. Thanks for sharing this fix. :+1: :+1:

thx man its installing :+1:

does switching to beta give you a different version of Overwatch?, i cant switch back to the standard version without not being able to play it

Thank you!!! It’s downloading now after nearly 2 hours of frustration

I have made it into beta mode it is not saying i have purchased the game and it is not letting me install it (stuck on calculating file size).

To EndoRen,
There is no TRY BUTTON.

Do you mean *my settings? Where does it say Beta? Be more specific please.

1 Like

Thank you.
I confirm that the following works:

• using the Battle.net-Setup.exe installer instead of Overwatch-Setup.exe
  • installing Battle.net and going to the overwatch tab
  • requesting the PTR game version, launching the setup until it computes the game size
  • cancelling that setup
  • requesting the Overwatch game version, it installs successfully

For me I had to force it to log out, and then after a restart I logged in, it asked me for my age and I was able to proceed. My guess is their terrible UI didn’t realise it needed to ask for my dob before some server could allow me to download it. Aka some state corruption (poor programming ) in battlenet client.