Game stuck on calculating size

im trying to download the game for a free weekend but when i do try and download it it gets stuck on calculating size forever. ive looked about online but nothing worked (PC)

13 Likes

Hi Senorfish,

If the Blizzard App is stuck on ‘calculating size’ when downloading that can be due to an App issue or security programs on your system blocking the App’s connection.

For that you’ll need to do the reset on here, then reset the Blizzard App too.

Once you’ve done that if it’s still the same you can then try troubleshooting your security applications too.

That should help with most issues that can cause that.

3 Likes

I tried doing this but it does not work at all, the thing does not goes past the calculating size.

6 Likes

I have tried it all too. And still stuck on calculating

4 Likes

Same here.
The download cannot start from the store or from the client, only from the website, with an installation file, but it is stuck on calculating.
I have also tried the above troubleshooting, but nothing changed.

7 Likes

I am having the same issue and my friends are too we tried following the instructions but with no luck and still stays stuck at calculating size, we would love some way to resolve it as we really want to play it as soon as possible.

3 Likes

exactly the same here, dont know why they dont just let you download it from inside the battle.net app it would seem a bit more reliable.

1 Like

Same here I tried everything but it won’t work

2 Likes

Have to add my voice to this, just spent best part of 2 hrs trying all recommended workarounds and still nothing

2 Likes

Same problem here. Win10 Pro 64bit version 1909 - 20H2 will be delayed as far as possible, Micro$oft will have to force-install it on my pc!
Tried everything from deleting cache and battle.net-files to manually changing firewall settings and even disabling windows defender realtime protection - which I would normally not do just to install a game.
Seems like a lot of hassle and not worth the while.

Btw all the other installers from competitors like Epic, Ubisoft, Origin and Steam function perfectly - only Rockstar had some difficulties, but disabling realtime protection helped in this case. Well, Blizzard has to step up to the competition.

Edit: status update
So it seems like it is not the battle.net-client itself, which is successfully installing StarCraft II on my pc at the moment. It has to be the way the free Overwatch version is distributed as it cannot be installed throught the battle.net-client but only via overwatch-setup.exe. Blizzard should just include it into the client, like they did with StarCraft II.

3 Likes

I have the same problem here, I have done a complete rebuild of the PC thinking there was some issue there but still unable to get the game to install.

Please let me know if you require anymore information.

2 Likes

Same problem for me, stuck on size thing. Windows 8.1 here.
I’ve got no anti-virus, windows defender is disabled, and firewall is disabled as well.

1 Like

I was having the exact same issues with the free trial and ran around for hours before finally giving up. Finally I tried putting battle.net in beta mode on the off chance it might work, and it did! Game’s installing now!

13 Likes

Holy crap it worked!! Thanks alot man!

1 Like

Ok, works now, you can switch to beta by clicking on blizzard at the top left corner, then beta, and then switch to beta. Make sure to not use the setup.exe you downloaded from browser, instead use the one from the launcher, it should work now.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m having the exact same issue as everyone one else here. I was hoping to play it yesterday but I’m having this problem. 9-9

1 Like

thank you so much man!!!

1 Like

Press the blizzard logo, settings, beta, reset blizzard, login then now overwatch download should work! Thanks man

2 Likes

Cheers Guys,
The Beta version of the Battle.net has show the option from Overwatch, to download it directly from the Client.
Just switch to it, and you won’t need the installation file either.

Hope it is working for all of you.

Take care, and Happy Holidays!

See you in OW!

4 Likes

you legand, thank you!