GIFT Overwatch Battlepass

Hello Blizzard.

I know in other games you can gift items to other players by their BattleTag. I remember I was able to buy lootboxes and gift them to friends but I’m not able to gift Battle Passes.

I have a good friend that I want to gift him a Battle Pass but I don’t know how to do it.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Yes, I have the same question. Only OW2 doesn’t allow you to give presents to your best friends. It feels like Blizzard is against friendship.

Why of all the Blizzard games in their shop, you can’t gift something from OW. What’s the reason for removing this feature? Please add this feature to the OW2 shop , I want to give a gift to my nephew who adores your game.
I also just can’t see the wish list if my friend adds something from the OW2 shop there. What’s the point of this wishlist anyway?
Activision’s Warzone also has a battle pass and currency, only there you can give gifts to your friends, why is OW2 any worse?

4 Likes

Blizzard I also want this. Put it in the game or at least the battle net client

1 Like

I want this as well. Or at the very least, I want to be able to gift the Watchpoint pack.

2 Likes

Surprised they removed this. Hopefully it comes back, not that i’d use it, but clearly others will.

1 Like

Sorry for the necro but are there any news here? Seems no Blizzard staff has answered here. My friends birthday is coming up.

I would like to gift a friend a battlepass too. Or even small things like coins. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t add the feature given they would be getting MORE money?

Blizzard? C’mon. The matchmaking is so broken/uneven, it’s impossible to climb, there’s not even anything worth trying to achieve in this new event. You have clearly become a cash grab and we’re still playing. But you won’t even take advantage of taking our cash to give it to others.

Doesn’t Blizzard offer their own balance you can top up which can also be gifted to other people? Is the Battlepass purchasable with that maybe?

Currently the only way to purchase items as a gift is to get into BattleNet directly. Things that are allowed to be gifted will have another CTA button that says ‘Gift’ which none of the Overwatch items have, yet the other games do.

Its a long way around but assuming the Battle Net Balance allows you to buy coins (I’ve never tried it so can’t say for sure) you could potentially gift enough to your friend this way.

Overwatch Wishlist still doesn’t appear on other battlenet friends

Can’t gift balance or coins,

guess blizzard doesn’t want me to spend my battlenet balance on other people

If you are on pc .send them battle net gift card of same amount that they can buy the battle pass .if it is xbox or psn send them xbox gift card or psn gift card . Solution is right there for time being .

2 Likes

are you insane? why would you gift this piece of toxic money grabbing trash to anyone?

People can do what they like . If you dont like the game dont play it .

1 Like

Yeah people can do what they like, like, be really stupid… doesn’t mean you shouldn’t tell them about it.

1 Like

There’s telling someone, then there is what you do.

1 Like

i was able to gift coins to a friend from the blizzard app.
Go to overwatch 2 shop, scroll all the way down till you see overwatch coins, pick the amount, click gift instead of buy, pick friend’s name from drop-down list. they will get an email that they got the gift of coins.

3 Likes

Thanks friend, that’s what I was looking for.

2 Likes

I want this as well. Or at the very least, I want to be able to gift the Watchpoint pack.