Give one rare tip for your main hero that will help others

I mean things that maybe are not common knowledge that might help others become better with that hero.

I have an odd one for Zarya, I’ve never even seen it in any Zarya guide/tips video. So what I used to do was close my eyes and hold down primary fire, and just before her ammo reaches zero, you’ll hear two audible “swoosh” sounds, that happen right after one another. The swoosh sounds happen around the 5-10 ammo mark, before it reaches zero, so if you train your ears to listen out for those two swooshes, you can stop holding primary fire and finish off any duel or engagement with a right click + melee which will get you much more damage than just holding down primary fire for that extra split second.

I practised this in practice range like a no life for a while until I got used to it and could get my ammo down from 100 to around 5-10 every time, allowing me to finish with extra damage combo of right click + melee.

I doubt non-Zarya mains would ever really bother learning this, but if you are one, it’s pretty damn helpful. Eventually it just becomes instinctual and you do it without even realizing and the point is obviously to do this in an actual fight without having to look down at your ammo, you just get used to the sound of your ammo almost depleting and do the combo.

6 Likes

Mercy is able to cancel her dash by pressing the button again and in options for mercy specifically you can change settings for example setting her dash so you have to hold down the key and you stoo the dash by letting go of the key

4 Likes

Great insights so far! Keep them coming. :slight_smile:

While not a Hero specific tip, one of my favorite things to share has always been the creative use of body blocking.

This is pretty well known but I think it’s worth sharing. If you play Mei for example and you time your Cryo-Freeze to block a Reinhardt charge into your healer or a Graviton Surge it can be a very effective way to save someone.

It works with a few other heroes as well like Zenyatta when he uses transcendence.

5 Likes

Bait the hook.
Sounds weird but when you melee with Road, people always think you are going to hook them. Use always all bullets except one, reload and look back or other way to bait the DPS or the nearest tank into trying to kill you …
… then cancel reload with hook or melee (to trigger deflect for example) and then M1.

People still fall for those 2 baits 90% of the time if your timing is good.

5 Likes

When playing bastion, you can always draw the enemy tanks (especially rein and road hog) into bad situations

don’t know if its a “rare tip” but, make it your mission to harass them endlessly from afar, (just out of hook range) eventually they will get p1ssed off with you and either charge forward and over extend letting your team collapse on them, or they will try to flank you, cutting themselves off from their own team

of course very few people know the true power of a bastion because they rarely play with one, or against one

4 Likes

Sigma ultimate can lift a team off an overtime payload to close the timer. I managed due to a happy accident and realized its potential.

(Thanks Bob Ross)

6 Likes

This is more of a global tip - but don’t underestimate a “quick melee” attack to close the deal, especially in close quarter engagements. A sudden extra 30 damage may just win you a duel that’d otherwise not have ended well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Imagine having ammo for your beam. This post was made by Moira gang.

Seriously though, tip time: Moira can duel every single hero in the game and win, but that doesn’t mean you should. There is exactly one case where you should prioritise damage over healing, and that’s when there’s an enemy Pharah in range. Your teammates will likely fail to hit her, but your beam can track relatively easily and at a surprisingly long range. Killing her like this is more effective than healing the damage your team would take trying it themselves.

5 Likes

As Lucio, never wall glide by holding down the space key, always repeatedly hit it. Not only does that make you faster, it also makes your moves much more erratic. Even in plat you can use that evasion bonus to drop behind enemy lines, boop someone so they’re not protected by their shields and hope your DPS focus them down.

2 Likes

Do not pick Bastion.

1 Like

Comments like yours are the reason I always pick bastion

5 Likes

This was my rare tip as a bastion main. Did you get offended somehow?

1 Like

Sombra: Use the shooting range to teach yourself how wide your melee attack is. You don’t have to be looking right at someone for it to be effective. And it does a lot more damage than your bullets.

1.) Pick bastion.

2.) Hold ‘‘Alt+F4’’ because he is a terribly disigned hero with less then 1% pickrate.

3.) send me a friend req on steam and get on discord so you can play Halo: reach.

1/2 of bastions problems is his design is irrelevant because they removed his shield in beta, which was what gave him the ability to do what he was meant to do…

the other 1/2 is peoples automatic hatred of the character and inability to even contemplate giving the person using him a chance, or working with them “something bastion needs without his personal shield”

things that stopped bastion being useful were

1.removing his personal shield in beta
2. removing his ability to crit in sentry mode
3. blizzard expecting this community to actually try to work as a team

1 Like

Accurate, i wanted him to be good but he just kinda isnt.

DVa is now quite potent at grabbing environmental kills on some maps, such as Lijang market or Ilios lighthouse where some approaches to the point are along ledges.

While her booster knockback isn’t as potent as some other boops, the speed and frequency with which she can make attempts to shove characters off the edge at little risk to herself makes her quite dangerous to anyone traversing those paths.

Before her latest rebalance I rarely even tried for these kinds of maneuvers, but lately I’ve worked them into my tactics as a regular trick whenever fights are occuring on ledges, or even just to eject enemy DPS/Support from high ground positions that I want to take.

2 Likes

Another mean DVa trick, while we’re on the topic of bastion:

DField is not a very visible effect, especially if DVa herself is not in direct LOS. Covering a friendly Bastion who just turretted in the open while you yourself are hidden around a corner can result in a nasty surprise for the enemy team who try to focus the apparently un-shielded bastion down, and instead get to drink from an uninterrupted lead firehose as their bullets mysteriously vanish.

It only buys bastion ~2 seconds, but that’s often all he needs to break things open.

2 Likes

As a lucio player I love to boop the enemy Rein to…oh wait…nvm :sob:

2 Likes

As Lucio, you can do a lot of damage if you use primary fire > boop > melee. Try to shoot all 4 shots before using the boop for the highest damage. The boop > melee combo works only when you have some speed and when you are going the same way as you booped the target, but it is high burst damage. It is especially useful againts high mobility targets like tracet, because it is way easier than trying to shoot her. Also if you boop your target away from the enemy team, they usually try to run back witch makes them easier to shoot :slight_smile:

2 Likes