Got penalties despite rejoining my comp game with the minute

I’ve been playing the game a lot the past week and I’m finally getting into comp more. So I was just in the middle of my comp game and my internet cut out BUT it comes back within 5 seconds. The game/application does not close but instead reloads itself. It loads the home screen and I see that I just lost an endowment level bc the game thinks I left. BUT THEN I rejoined the game within the next 30 seconds and my team won but still I lost sr levels ?!?

In the Blizzard - Overwatch support section about “Leavers Penalty on Overwatch Account” in the competitive section, it states "Leaving a game early or being removed for inactivity prevents you from joining a new game until the original match has concluded—though you are able to rejoin an in-progress game within one minute to avoid a penalty. " I definitely rejoined within 1 minute but still had to deal with penalties. It’s really disheartening to lose my progress with endorsement levels and comp sr levels.

Edit: I was also very sorry to my fellow teammates and I felt really bad that they didn’t get the last push so they had to do another round. However, when I rejoined, the team won so I hope they got the SR levels up

Joining within that time should of been fine… unsure, maybe post this on the bugs/technical side.