Hanzo and Widowmaker ruining the game?

i have seen this many times, heard it many times and i have to admit i agree.
Hanzo and Widowmaker are ruining the game. they have onehit killshots and a HUGE hitbox. if you read on other forums then the overwatch forum or watch vids on youtube. people are complaining about them from the beginning. so why doesn’t blizzard nerf them, like people are begging them too.

i myself get suspended soon i guess. because i am not gonna play a match with both of them in. it’s very easy to play Widow. i never played her before and i wasn’t really good. but i got to alot of onehit killshots even when i didn’t hit the head, but that is because of the huge hitbox.

i even got killed by a widowmaker while standing behind reinhardts shield, one hit and i was dead.

We all know Blizzard doesn’t listen to the players anymore, it’s all about the money but i still hope some day they will get nerfed. because i do not wanne play Hanzo or Widow because it’s a cheap way to win.

3 Likes

I agree. It’s quite obvious when I play McCree and get killed by a hanzo. I have to aim like a madman to get a headshot, he doesn’t even have to aim.

It’s ridiculous.

4 Likes

learning their counters helps.
Whining about them does not.

1 Like

Both Widowmaker and Hanzo are the most picked DPS characters in GM. They are still top3 in Diamond/Master with only Genji having comparable pick rates.

2 Likes

i know how to counter them, but overpowered heroes are unfair gameplay and blizzard should nerf them. reduce their Hitbox and make sure no more onehit killshots. if i play ashe and shoot Widowmaker in the head while standing right behind her she is not dead, well in fact she is freaking dead her head should have been blown off. but this is overwatch so i understand they don’t make players heads explode when you hit them with a shotgun. but it is just weird, headshot with ashe’s shotgun and not dead.

Finally some statistics

Hanzo and Widow are like getting a 7 and a 2 off suit in poker.
Funny enough they always think they are Aces :smiley:

1 Like

and you just named the 3 overpowered heroes, still wondering why they get picked so many times

BLizzard should nerf these two, or since they have become a cashgrabbing company maybe they could sell hanzo and widow to fortnite.

Hanzo has a huge hitbox and insta kills while not even hitting you, and his ult charges so freaking fast

2 Likes

There is a definite problem with the Heroes if low ELO games will see both a Hanzo and a Widowmaker on CP Attack, Payload Attack or on a KotH team.

The two Heroes are effective in their own design but they are also so lazy winners that even low skilled players are drawn to them. The power ratio between them and their target is rediculously skewed in one direction. The fun has a similar trend.

Snipers as a general mechanic set (long ranged, one shot kill) is always going to be alluring but developers never seem to remember that Snipers come with serious downsides. These are generally removed to apply the “Hero Factor” but that just leads to instant death mechanics with little sacrifice. Sure, you can leap on a Widowmaker but she can either grapple away or retaliate to some degree with an instant mine and assault rifle. Hanzo, who runs around with a fricking bow ignores a few odd hundred years of ranged weaponry development and turns his weapon into a damn machine gun - effectively both negating the need to aim as a sniper (further, since he can spam away already) and also deters many divers at point blank.

No one likes Instant Death mechanics. Doesn’t matter if you can kill the source of ID mechanic, the mechanic is still there. Hanzo, Widowmaker, Doomfist and to an extent Roadhog are all culprits of this, and no one likes having their fun instantly stopped without being able to react to the hit.

2 Likes

Hanzo, Genji, Ashe, Widow

People instantly locking these heroes from bronze up to plat are usually throwers.

If your accuracy rating is below 50% on ashe and widowmaker you’re a trash hitscan and should play something else.

And 50% is a generous mile stone it should be even higher than that to be accepted as a descent widow you heard a descent widow not a good.