Heroes with one-shot balance

Getting one-shot in general is usually pretty frustrating, but less so when it takes skill (Hanzo headshot) or it’s an ultimate, and the hero who does it is pretty vulnerable himself or easy to counter. A glass-cannon kind of idea.

But it feels like both roadhog and Sojourn have a one-shot ability that is too easy, and they don’t suffer nearly as much a downside to their survivability. Roadhog is almost impossible to kill these days, and Sojourn has a tiny hitbox and one of the best escape abilities in the game. Thus getting repeatedly one-shot by them feels a lot more frustrating, and if they’re properly played they can way too easily win the game almost single-handedly, especially in QP. Personally I think they both need a rework or some sort of intelligent change. Thoughts?

Hogs is fine, but the hook needs to be a little shorter. If I’m up in his grill and he wipes me out… fine. I’m positioned badly and deserve it.

But to be hooked half way across the map is a bit annoying.

Sojourn is just over tuned in a many ways, hard nerfs are needed.

Or just play Kiriko, you turn and can’t get head shot then lol.

the hog can be easely countered by a dva/zarya/kiriko/ana(sleep) whenever the hog hooks. There are quite some options there…

Sojourne indeed needs to be nerfed.

1 Like

has flashbacks of being one shot as a tank by scatterarrow Hanzo

2 Likes

hanzo headshot doesnt take skill cause u hit even if u aim half a meter next to target head or even target stomach.
stupidest mechanic in any shooter i saw so i report any hanzo for cheating who scores a headshot that isnt a headshot cause u know that IS cheating even if the devs are doing the cheating part here.

He can’t really be countered by DPS though, a lot of DPS characters just get completely annahilated by him with no chance to do anything. And you mostly have no control over what your team plays (and they will almost never switch to counter in QP for example). So your gameplay experience will still be ruined…

One thing you have to know is that in this 5vs5 setup, tanks are supposed to be stronger than a single dps player. Otherwise you go back to OW1 and no one plays tank.

That being said, if your team is not helping you at all, go for ranged dps such as hanzo and make sure you position well by keeping the distance (out of hook distance or near cover), that should work. Or go widow since the other team won’t have shield tanks… If the other team has a hog, the rest of their team is more vulnerable compared to if they had another tank so use that as an advantage.

If you have crazy good reaction speed (you can train yourself for this), you can use the reaper fade to evade his hooks. You can learn these kinds of things to see the hooks coming. For instance I’m a zenyatta player and I can easely counter a rein shatter with zenyatta ult because now I can predict the shatters before he shatters.

All of the above.

They tried making it so Roadhog didn’t one shot you and it made him literally an unplayable throw pick. As annoying as it is he needs it but the range on the hook is way too far.

if roadhog can’t one-shot he pretty much would need a rework to his entire character.
the length of the hook is necessary because he’s a slow shotgun character with not much else to his kit.

sojourn i think the hitbox is just slightly too generous, it was smaller before launch.
but she will get nerfed eventually.