How can I block russians from being grouped with me?

Like half of my games I get grouped with one or two russians. Problem is they always start spamming the chat with russian which the rest of the team can’t understand. If you ask them to speak english they get rude and agressive.

1 Like

Just block them individually. And avoid them if you’re feeling that anti them

Remember. No one has to speak English and russian is the most spoken language in Europe.

Good luck!

1 Like

How do I block them individually?

Right click. Block.

The other option is just crack on and ignore them.

1 Like

How do I right click them before I get grouped with them though. When they are in my group its too late.
A language preference setting would solve most of this problem automatically.

That would be for you to fix. Casual xenophobia shouldn’t be allowed. All you can do is avoid people to not match with them, or block them to not communicate.

If you have a specific type you just don’t like for some reason, that’s on you.

You probably don’t speak most of the languages that are spoken in he EMEA (would be impressive if you did)

1 Like

I would like that function too…

Honest question.

Other than the language barrier, which I get. Why do you want to block them from playing games with everyone else.

I’m not trying to block them from everyone I just want to block them from being in the same group as me.
Of course you could argue that Russia is a terrorist state, that their citizens are cheering as their military is sending cruise missiles into residential areas and childrens hospitals in Ukraine and that they should not be allowed to access any of Blizzards services, but that’s not the point I’m making here. I just want a way to avoid them as teammates.

2 Likes

Outside of avoiding people, you won’t be able to.

You could use a VPN and play on US servers instead I guess.

I understand your argument, but collective punishment is a dodgy path to go down. And none of the Russians I know that play the game support the actions of their government.

But like I said, best action, VPN, play on US servers.

by this logic America Germany Britan Isreal should not be allowed

1 Like

Tired of Russians deranking and also they get pissed off if you ask em to speak or type english. Only Blizzard just don’t care.

Edit: Not all Russians ofc but a fair few does this. I met some good ones as well.

1 Like

Not all Russians. Please don’t tar everyone with the same brush.

1 Like

So we see basically anti-russian propaganda here, not some sort of forum-crying.
Wanna talk about terrorist state? Check out Israel.
When you see ukrainian videos of rocket strikes have you ever noticed they calm as snakes? Cuz they know - russian rockets hit where they targeted, and it’s not residential areas. Only problem is antiair which can mess things up. But Israelian are real monsters. Nobody cares tho.

Problem is that you can only block three people at the same time. What kind of stupid thing is that?

For a democracy, the people do very little to show their discontent with their governments actions. Look at any other democracy in the World and you have massive protests in the street, forcing a change.

You can block infinite people. You mean avoid?>

Yeah, might be what I’m thinking of then?

They do lots… then end up in prison.

It then gets shut down in their media, so the rest of the world hears nothing about it.

Russia isn’t a democracy.

2 Likes