How do you remove posts

I have decided to delete this post, only problem is I haven’t figured out how to delete it…

4 Likes

And they won’t do anything about it either. Inb4 paid forum heroes come and defend smurfs.

If smurfs aren’t a problem, they should drop bronze players in GM, so they can get a similar experience, of having games ruined by hugely differing skill levels.

3 Likes

well, there is no reason in game to report, but they are ruining our games. that should be enoughl.

you can not bring a 25 years old guy to play with 6 years old children

You’re saying it like boosting doesn’t exist…

Not at the same amount.

There was a point where every other game had a different 25 smurf with a troll name doing things like doomfist roof gliding, or widow trick shots on specific parts of maps.

It’s not as frequent now, but I think it’s probably still more frequent than seeing a boosted person.

If the boosting issue was more frequent then something would be done about it. Smurfing has been an issue for years and nothing has been done to stop it.

2 Likes

have you played in gm? its more common than youd think.
lets not even talk about how a 4400 player has a very real chance of getting a low diamond in their games. any lower and its a fairly common occurrence.

there’s literally nothing you can do to stop it. how do you tell if someone’s boosted?

Even so, not at the same amount. Every few games compared to like 1/20?

They collect stats on everything and recordings.

for the diamonds? I sit around 4k - 4.1 and its maybe 1 in 7-10. as for the bosoted players, severely boosted is less common but people that should be high diamond low masters max is like every other game.
weekends are something else too, its not even funny. barely anyone touches their mains because of the sheer amount of people with grandfathered ranks that just haven’t dropped yet.

then why is throwing an issue 5 years in? they might well be collecting stats but they clearly don’t do anything with it considering how many blatant cheaters there is.

There are more “boosted” players than there are “smurfs”.

You also have to consider why they don’t appear to do much about either…

• not actually that many, so you wouldn’t notice if they were??
  • such low impact it isn’t worth the effort.

They’re both issues tbh. They need to either rework their garbage placement system or be faster at banning people.

Like even in the QP phase of a smurf, why isn’t there bans happening? If someone is topping out kills and doing a ridiculous amount of damage as Doomfist, as a level 10 vs level 500’s, maybe something is up.

I don’t know. Blizzard just sucks at policing Overwatch apparently.

Smurfs and boosted people should just be banned ASAP, because the skill disparity they inject into matches ruins the fun.

They literally forced me off my roles to main DPS, so I can do anything about them. Support/Tank are just incapable of doing anything about good smurfs, because they will kill your team before you can even do anything about them.

E.g. Widow will land kills, because of your team standing in the open, before you can even reach her as Ball.

And just being generally unhealable as Support, due to the team not playing as if it’s an FPS and not using cover.

You don’t have the same TTK as a smurf DPS.

1 Like

I am curious.

What would you ban the doomfist for? Being better?

Not entirely sure that is their fault.

because there is nothing to ban. they are just playing the game. having multiple accounts isnt against tos.

again though, they arent doing anything wrong once they are in the game with you. you have to catch them in the act of throwing or being boosted. being boosted is even harder to ban because they are simply climbing to ‘where they should be’.

1 Like

If they are in your game, then your MMR (or your groups average MMR) is somewhere in the same window.

So there is no reason you can’t just pop off too.

that is just factually incorrect. the whole reason behind smurfing and boosting is to go against exactly what you said dude.

Agreed.

But that’s my mmr exists. Abd smurfing/boosting is only a thing in ranked.

Their example is of a lvl10 account. So that is neither smurf nor booster. Just a plain, vanilla, alt account.

I mean they’ll eventually join Comp and start at a lower rating. I’ve said it before, but if people want legit alt accounts, there should be a way of showing that in-game and in the matchmaker, so you don’t end up with GM people in gold/plat.

They are though. Smurfs are banned and boosted people are banned. So they are doing something wrong.

If you’re on an alt account you have already climbed too, so you’re abusing the matchmaking no matter what.

1 Like

i want to agree but it would be so easily abusable. people would just sell gm accounts and make boosting infinitely easier.

no they arent? thats the exact reason people have an issue with it. its literally not against tos.

blizz seems to see it differently

Then it should just be tied to your account and not able to remove it.

Well I’ve been given the message that someone has been dealt with after only reporting someone for gameplay sabotage for smurfing so.

1 Like

lets say this does happen. rank becomes meaningless. no one plays on account that has any consequence. does that sound like a healthy competitive environment?

I hate to be the one to tell you but reports are automated. you could spam report on everyone you see and someone would have thrown a previous match and said match will be the evidence used to justify the action taken.

a perfect example would be my first account. i used to be toxic. I got suspended for abusive chat. got suspended again with the justification being something I said before the first suspension.

How did you come to that conclusion?

There’s alt accounts now, are you saying that if people are given the same MMR on both accounts and it said the word “linked account” somewhere, then the entire comp ladder would be pointless?

Smurfs already do that too. If you’re GM in bronze, you’ve effectively made the matchmaking for that match completely pointless, and also created an unfun match for at least 6, potentially more, people.

Welp. I’m still not going to stop reporting them.

1 Like