How is soldier 76 with the new buff?

So how is he? is that small buff enough? i strongly feel as if his helix rockets need to go down to 6 seconds as well, just don’t feel that a small one point damage increase is enough to make the worst dps hero in the game more viable

The difference between 19 to 20 damage is noticable, and having 5 shots being accurate makes him pretty good now.

He’s still a throw pick and always will be until snipers and doomfist are removed. There’s absolutely no reason and has never been a reason to pick him over snipers or doomfist, and that’s why the former’s been getting buffed constantly and the latter have been getting nerfed constantly. only reason the changes aren’t more drastic is that blizzard has so much hubris that they’ll never admit to any mistakes even if they’re so game-breaking.

Meta’s still two snipers as it has been for years and nothing’s happened to change that. They do far more than he does with far less aim and game sense requirement.

at least it makes it easy to use the report system. report everyone for abusive chat who picks soldier/mccree/ashe for throwing and widow/hanzo/doomfist for cheating.

2 Likes

I guess our experience differ a lot then. In the right hands on the PTR, soldier is a damn beast.

I’ve even had some great Soldiers in comp that have dominated, and that’s without the patch buffs. (3700+ rating)

False reporting is literally the most evil thing you can do. Please stop.

He is better, but still outclassed by Ashe and Widow.

I only report people for picking widow/hanzo/doomfist for cheating and people for picking mccree/ashe/soldier for throwing. that being the case, none of my reports are false, as that’s what they’re doing. they all should be actioned. I’m happy to get “thank you for reporting” often.

not my fault, it’s blizzard’s.

That’s still false reporting. Unless they are actually doing something during the match that warrants a report (i.e. trolling, throwing) then targeting them just for picking a hero is abuse of the system. Blizz have stated clearly there is nothing wrong with playing heroes if you are actually trying with them.

Definitely your fault though. Oh players won’t pick what I want/like so I’ll report them. How sad…

Mccree and ashe are throw picks?? LOOOOOL

You are right . Exactly what happens on high level .
You pick soldier - he sucks against all characters and can’t even damage tanks when in team fight .
Every dps beats soldier and his ultimate without nano is garbage .

They are doing something during the match.

People who pick snipers are cheating by picking characters that one-shot with half the aim of any other dps and guarantee you a win if the other team doesn’t have one. The fact that she’s still in the game means nothing; everyone knows blizz has no idea what they’re doing. remember how long it took them to nerf mercy? Therefore, it’s not my fault that they left a completely automated vigilante report system in my hands to clean up their game, and that’s what I’m doing.

People who pick mccree and ashe are on heroes that simply do half the damage. How is that not throwing? Wouldn’t you report a mercy using only the pistol?

Obviously they’re not throw picks in general, but there are two different games. There’s one where they’re good, balanced picks, like most of the characters. Then one where one team picks sniper(s) and every hero but widow and hanzo becomes a throw pick. That’s why the game is in an awkward stage of some heroes being oppressively over-tuned like reaper, because blizz has been buffing everyone but snipers/df and nerfing snipers/df.

People picking a sniper is not cheating, if the enemy team does not have one of their own, then that’s their fault. No one is cheating because Blizzard has implemented Widowmaker and Hanzo, that has one-shot potential. Are you also reporting those who play Reinhardt because of his charge has the same one-“shot” (It’s a charge, so not really a shot) potential?

That’s what you think you’re doing, but you’re not.