How many EU players are playing in NA?

In this last week I’ve decided to play in NA after dinner (GMT +1:00) because a lot of my friends told me that the quality of games in NA servers is really better than EU.
I noticed also that I wasn’t the only one, almost in every match there is another EU player like me (Main 3400-Smurf 3800). So… do you think that this massive shift of players between servers will continue even more in the future?

The reason why the EU server sucks is because of the playerbase.
They will not be better individuals on the US server.

ofc, as long as my ping can handle it, I’ll go on NA servers, especially for comp, cause people actually speak, and not only do they speak, they also speak English, and are far less toxic.

1 Like

“go to play in NA because they are all bots and it’s easier to rank up”
honestly, if this idea is real, i will have low skill player not only against me, but also in my team. I would consider this if we were talking of a battle royale, but OW is a team game and i don’t know why being all bots should be better D:

I stopped playing there 3 months ago, since the games on the EU server are the same when playing on US server back in those days.

The delays and damage are insane, 15ms delay does feel like 115ms delay. I can’t imagine how people with bad equipment can play this game in general.

i play with a good pc and with a 144hz, here’s the main reason why i don’t feel any lag. After seeing Kabaji playing in AS servers with 200+ ms i wasn’t frightened about ping, it’s not that important

i am. i just find it a better experience, so the ping is worth it. in short, the amount of toxicity is about the same, but the frequency of good experiences is much higher. community wise, playing on eu is mostly a mix of neutral and negative, whereas na has a high amount of positive thrown in there as well.

in quick play people often say nice things to each other, and many at least say gg at the end of the game. in competitive way more people are talking in voice, and there’s a decent bit of banter as well.

i’ve noticed a lot of eu players will only speak up when they have something bad to say, and will otherwise stay quiet.

1 Like

I have one of my accounts on eu servers and one on na server because my friend was saying he was only experiencing instalock 5 dps and he plays primarily on eu so i thought it was a good idea to play on both. So far I have realised I lose more games on eu but the quality feels about equal, this might be because i am not used to the ping and the increase of noregs of na yet. I play around 3.6 to 3.8. Overall I would reccomend more eu players that feel their teammates are holding them back to try going on na. I dont think a lot of other people will do it but i definately reccomend it to my friends that are complaining about competetive.

i’ve played a few games on the US servers.
mostly just as a indirect way of visiting forign parts lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can’t imagine there are plenty.
The reason why we have regional servers are latency issues to more distant computers, its too severe of a drawback over “nicer people”, which is a myth anyway I believe - means you’ll be taking a massive latency hit killing all the fun for basically nothing in return.

I’m an EU player living and working in the US so I naturally play on US servers with everyone thinking I’m playing from EU due to my accent.

I’ve heard a lot of bad things about EU servers and problems with communications but I wouldn’t think some simple call outs and comms in the English language is that difficult. It’s probably down to the individuals behind the mic.

Another reason I wouldn’t play on other continental servers is the higher latency. I’d guess an EU based players playing on US servers would give a ping of at least 200 so forget playing hitscan or anything that requires accuracy unless you’re ready to lead your shots which just ruins the game. I’d take a bad EU servers that high ping any day. At least I can just mute the bad team mates and do my thing with low ping.

What kinda pings you getting on NA?

just test it by yourself.
I did it and had latency of 140ms, which is a lot.

I have, and I get around 150-200, not sure how people can play like that without leading shots and trying to guesstimate the delays.

around 125 usually. that’s on east coast servers. have ended up on west coast skirmishes a few times and the delay there makes it unplayable, so if you’re getting upwards of 200 i could see that being too much.

125 isn’t so bad in my opinion. shots land the same, the game favours the shooter. there’s a delay before the shot registers, but if you clicked on the enemy then it’ll land. the way the delay gets you is more about things hitting you rather than the other way around, such as sometimes getting killed around corners.

think characters like genji and tracer are affected the most by the delay.

I played a few QP games on NA last night and even with 145 ping it’s not that bad honestly, I even had a better accuracy than usual with Zen because I always overcompensate for the travel time of his projectiles.