Huge FPS drop after update

Before this new Starwatch patch I had a stable 60fps. Now I’m getting huge unstable FPS drops going down to 5fps and stuttering/freezing. It’s mostly only bad in the Starwatch event game mode, it’s unplayable. I’ve tried Quick Play, and it’s not nearly as bad but still often has fps drops and stutters. Something is wrong with this patch, all this happened after the update. I’ve tried to tweak my settings but I can’t seem to fix it alone.

1 Like

Can you please create a Dxdiag file, upload it to a text hoster, like Pastebin, and link it here.

You may need to use the Preformatted Text for the link, via the button </>

System Settings

Im having the same problem im on gigabyte rx 6600 GPU i5-4690K the temperature of them is normal i dried to reinstall all my drivers overwatch too battle.net too runned repair tools even reinstall my widnows ( yes im obssesed with this game)

I’m having FPS drops as well, from stable 144hz to 95->70 and on Hollywood it plumeted to a stable 35-40

I lowered my graphics to lowest and render scale 75% which solved it and it stayed 144hz for a couple of games, and then I got 90 fps and lower on Havana.

Most likely it does not have something to do with the map, but mentioning them just in case it does.

https://pastebin.com/ttcSScex

Im having huge fps drops as well i cant even play the game

BimboMercy: Can you please ensure, that Overwatch 2 is using the high performance Nvidia GPU through an Optimus profile.

Spor: Not seeing anything out of the ordinary, it might however be some background program causing havoc. Try launching your system without any background programs.

1 Like

Same issue. Just downloaded patch and played Starwatch for first time. Dropped to 4fps, lol. Normally I am 144, sometimes drops into to 100-120 range in intense fights. Never seen single digits before.

I think I founded the solution if your blizzard app is running in the background u have to fully close it while ow2 is running, it solved for me

Overwatch was always using high performance Nvidia and I’ve just checked and still is. I’ve been away from the game a few days and I’ve just started it again and it’s still unplayable. From what other people have been saying it looks like this is a problem caused by the recent update.

I’m faceing with the same situation as OP. In the first day of Starwatch I had stable 144 fps (as ussual) but after mid sezon patch my PC can’t reach even 50 fps and my CPU usuage is on 100% all the time. Overwatch is unplayable right now. Reinstallation of drivers and Overwatch itself did nothing. I hope they will fix it as soon as possible.

To be clarified, I’m running the game on Ryzen 2600 CPU, and RX 6600 GPU.

1 Like

This is really disheartening. I’ve researched and tried everything I could find. Reinstall, clean DirectX cache, ect. I just want to play my favourite game :pensive:

1 Like

Anyone found a solution? I have GTX 3070 and experience constant frame drops from 165 to 40 every 5 seconds. Running the game on lowest settings and still unplayable.