I keep losing connection to the servers

Since a couple of days, every so often I just keep losing connection to ALL blizzard servers. First I’m able to play a match without any issues and then after a bit I just keep teleporting around for around 2 minutes before suddenly losing connection with an error message saying “Game server connection failed… retrying.” it keeps retrying but fails, so I close OW to reopen it through battle.net but see that I’m offline on battle.net as if I’m not connected to internet even tho I’m able to open websites without issues during those moments.
I was just in a comp match and as soon as the round ended I lost connection, it took the entirety of the second round to rejoin (the second round was already 88% my team and 90% enemy team) and naturally we lost because of that

Greetings SigmaTheFox,

I am sorry to hear that you’re experiencing connection issues. :cry: Have you tried the steps from the following article already, including the ones from the Advanced Troubleshooting section? Let me know how it goes!

Pachimari
1 Like

ok, I played a few more matches and I still keep having connection issues. This time I did not lose connection to the servers though, the game just “froze in time” for me (all player models were stuck in a position and sounds/run animations kept repeating). I was in a discord call while that happened and there everything was fine, it seems to be just with the blizzard servers I have issues with all of a sudden

1 Like

Discord and Overwatch are two entirely different services run by different companies in different places. Also Discord is probably able to handle 20% packet loss — while FPS games like Overwatch are way more sensitive in terms of data and might even disconnect you with 1 or 2% packet loss.

If you want, you can download WinMTR here and use it to create a statistic of your connection while playing, and then post it here. That way, we can see where exactly packet loss is occurring, and whether or not you might be able to fix it by yourself. :smile::+1:

Pachimari

the issue seems to have fixed itself. really not sure what it was all about since everything other than blizzard services (including logging into battle.net) worked perfectly fine