I knew it happen eventually

I’d be fine with that, as long as they give us OpenQ to play whatever comp we want alongside RoleQ, but knowing Blizzard they will force 1-3-2 as the only way to play, wait another year and be like “hey guys, we’ve listened to your feedback because we care and we’ve brought back openQ”.

There will always be an “open queue”. It isn’t very popular, but it has just enough of a player base to sustain it.

1-3-2 would require even more giga tanks than we have now.

Having just played 3 games on a new account, 3 DPS hard focusing 1 tank… when when I am rolling them, I just disappear if I don’t play really passive.

If the game goes in to slow passive comps… the player base drops. So a lot of work would be needed to make it work.

Personally, I suspect the update will be “we hear you, we will keep monitoring it, but we have no plans right now” then a load of data as to why 5v5 works.

Which, if people are sensible and rational… that should suffice… but this is 2024, this is the internet and this is Overwatch… They could literally give you the perfect update with everything you ever wanted… The community would still find something to be upset about.

I like that you enjoy the changes, imo variety is the spice of life and I would hate a world where we were all zombies, believing in the same thing and all loving the same things. But there’s a reason why this sequel has 80% negative reviews. Players like me really aren’t asking for “the perfect update with everything we want”. Far from it. Alls I’m saying is they could have made all the changes they made and worked out the balance around 6v6, not 5v5. I think that was just a gimmick they tried, a shot in the dark, and it backfired as most accounts and reviews online shows.

I just hope they do the right thing and bring it back with openQ. They’re far too used to behaving like communist dictators and trying to force their views of how the game should be played on the rest of us.

Give players what they bought the game for, 6v6 openQ, and then they could literally do whatever they want with RoleQ, PVE, arcade, I couldn’t care less about all that. Just give competitive players the freedom they once had.

I know it’s coming back eventually, they have no choice to backtrack on this decision. It’s just a shame the process takes years for them to finally accept they messed up.

2 Likes

honestly… both have different pros and cons for me… so I am pretty (forced) 50/50 on it. Like whatever they decide to do, isn’t going to make me play more or less.

There is, and part of that was the initial reaction to it. As they surveys a while ago suggested it is a lot closer split than people realise. Part of it was Chinese bot accounts, and part was just wanting to make weird comments.

Ultimately, they have the 2 pieces they need to brush it off completely… They have more players, and are making more per month. They are the 2 factors.

So will going back to 6v6 bring significantly more players… I don’t know if it will. OW seems to have settled into its core player base now. You are going to need a LARGE number of new tank players more than anything and I just don’t see it.

So it would logically have to be 1-3-2. But would current tank players want to paly against more DPS… I am not sure.

Would be interesting to see, I just doubt they’ll take the risk.

Honestly there is a strong divide in the overwatch community, many prefer 5v5, many 6v6. I think a good balance is adding it as an arcade mode, or add it with regular unranked, with open, role, and on the side a small box alongside deathmatch and mystery heroes with 6v6, alternating between open and role queue throught the season as dividing the 6v6 group may deem the numbers as too low

3 Likes

As predicted. The communist overlords will bring back 6v6 to arcade, then once they see how it brings many players back, they’ll do another stupid reveal saying “hey guys, look how much we care about your feedback, we’re bringing back 6v6 competitive!!”

Pathetic.

Well… they will test it.

I still doubt it will comeback in any meaningful way any time soon.

Ultimately if the tests work on the technical side, and they have data that says player numbers and money will go up… then 6v6 will come back properly. They will pretend that they are doing it for the player, when they don’t really care if people are happy. They just want people playing and spending.

If not, it will just be random arcade modes.