I need healing! I need healing! I need healing!

Hi.

Dear Blizzard. Would you please consider to remove or at least change that “I need healing” chat function? That would be nice, thanks.

Dear non-supporters. As healers, we can see your health bars. All the time. If you request for heal with the chat function - ok. Maybe we didnt see you. Happens.

My problem, like for many other supporters, is that flood of spam. All match long.

“I need healing!”
“I need healing!”
“I need healing!”

Please stop that. When we not heal you, so their might be a reason for. Like range or sight. Or even prioritity. Like i said: we see the health bars.
“I need healing!” stresses supporters and lowers their performance.

Thanks for attention and heal you next time.

2 Likes

It is very key, just because some over use it, doesn’t mean it should be removed.

Better support players will tell you they’d prefer you pressed it, rather than saying it in voice.

• less voice clutter
  • gives them a marker as to who’s asking rather than the unhelpful “heal me” over voice.
2 Likes

I do understand where you’re coming from with this. I’ve experienced the same frustration.

And BattleCattle it’s not about being in vc saying it, it’s as op says about the fact that we can see the healthbar, there is no need to press x (or whatever button bound to “I need healing”) 5 times in a row cause it’s stressing and utterly annoying, and will make me as healer less inclined to heal the person annoying me.

It’s about common sense.

Sure I have been in games where I myself had to spam “i need healing” but that was only cause the healer had no game sense and kept healing a bastion already on full health.

The pro tips are to press it if you need it as it brings up an icon to highlight it.

A lot might be happening. No guarantee your trusty support even knows where you are.

Usually I’m right next to them :joy::joy::joy: on like 15hp - hence why I get frustrated and annoyed and just wanna slap the person healing.

Haha. Yeah I get it. Any voice line spamming is annoying. But if that annoys you, wait til the ping system arrives.

It should definitely be removed when the person is dead, no need for that to exist. All it does is breed toxicity

1 Like

I really don’t mind that line when I’m playing support. Yes occasionally you have the oblivious teammate who thinks the world revolves around him/her or doesn’t have the awareness to see you’re busy prioritizing other targets but tbh, I don’t see those kind of teammates very often.

the only time i spam that voice line

is when i am the main tank, in the front… and the healers are not healing me

1 Like

there’s no solving it, they have a button, button will be pressed.
if you mute the game then you lose the voices but you’ll lose everything else that’s important.
weigh your options.