I was in solo queue on open competitive and played against full 6-stack

How is this possible man? They were 100 SR below us and that should somehow compensate skill difference??? This is ridiculous. We played 3 solo and 3-stack. Only 2 of us were in voice com. I want to suggest OW developer team to fix this. When you queue with 6-stack you should get 6-stack team against you, not otherwise. For those who doesn’t understand why is this bad. Imagine if in OW league one team would get some randoms every time they play against teams who play together all the time…

Always been a thing

They try to match stack v stack… but if the que goes over a certain amount of time they start mixing and matching to get a game.

Also, a 6 stack doesn’t mean anything. Could be 6 random people who have just found each other in Find a Group.

True, but this doesn’t change a fact that this is unfair most of the time.

That doesnt change the fact that it happens in 1 out of 300 matches dude.
It happens. Deal with it.

1 Like

Exaclty. See it as a challenge you have to rise to.

If you get rolled you know you need to work on basic team work more.

2 Likes

It used to be much worse

https://imgur.com/a/8OflThP
1 Like

And that is exactly why the stopped more than duos at 3900+

pro players were taking the piss and ruined it for others.

It’s rare to come across a 6 stack and even then, they’re not guaranteed to win. As long as the pug team is in vc and working together, it’s pretty much an even game, although obviously a stack of players who know each other and have it all ironed out will always have the advantage.

And if Blizzard had weekly or monthly tournements at the weekends, in each rank for “teams” that wanted to enter. I might stop teams stacking in ranked.

Then they could probably change it to trio max to que in ranked.

1 Like

Holly shait, this is a joke right?

No, it was one of the reasons they limit GM to 2 stacks now. If it’s a time where not many people play, it’s really difficult for the matchmaker to find another GM 6 stack, so it tries its best getting a “high” team SR going.

Tbf, those matches suck for everybody, the GM team will maybe get 1 or 2 SR for a win, but lose a lot if they lose, and the opponents will also only get a few SR deducted.