I'm finally free of this bad, bad game

Spent the past 90 minutes in competitive getting farmed by premades while my team has no communication, tactical awareness or idea any of teamwork, along with the obligatory throwing and dc’s.

Finally realised just how bad the game is, visual clutter is insane and incredibly confusing, games that last 20 minutes where you lose sr literally feel like the biggest waste of time in gaming. the community is unresponsive at best and hostile at worst, massively unbalanced abilities and heroes such as the constant Nano boost saves and McRightclicks everywhere and for all of this nonsense the payoff is just not worth it.

I unsubscribed from the subreddit, unsubscribed from the Overwatch youtube pages I sometimes visit and uninstalled the game along with battle.net, I feel free and a lot happier than I did earlier and I’ve got Apex currently installing.

I know this isn’t the right place for this rant but I need to vent, this game is just too stressful and confusing to be enjoyable. Also from the looks of Baptiste and his seriously OP immortality field it looks like the right time to duck out.

Have fun if you can everyone, peace.

22 Likes

If you want to vent, write a diary. I honestly dont understand peoples need to write these posts, they contribute nothing and no one really cares if u leave tbh

9 Likes

“Contribute noting”? He’s explaining reasons why he quit; for any developer who actually cares about their game, it’s an important piece of info that should be collected, compared to others and acted upon.

For example, complains about nano-boosts and FTH may be written off as “git good” and part of never-ending balancing process, but visual clutter? Definitely a thing that can be looked at. Same goes for one-sided competitive matches: people have been asking for “surrender” option for a long time.

21 Likes

good luck, may you find better teamwork in some other game.

3 Likes

I understand completely about the lack of teamwork. Some people can get really hostile if someone brings up the idea, which is weird, considering Overwatch is a team based game. But as long as you’re feeling happier, then kudos to you. Did Apex finish installing yet? Have you tried it out? Would be interested in hearing how your first impressions compare to your first impressions of overwatch.

2 Likes

you will not be missed!!!

3 Likes

Just thought I’d throw this in since you mentioned Baptiste. He is AMAZING! Seriously, I’ve fallen in love with the guy. It’s awesome to watch my Brigitte slap him down with so little effort. I wouldn’t change a thing about him :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Me, personally, I love Apex. It’s easier to get 3 friends together, and even with randoms, if they screw up - you might end up as a surprise winner by entering final teamfight when no one expects you. Or you can try to ressurect them so you all have another go at it.
And if all else fails - you have your k/d ratio and “time survived”, which is scored individually, unlike OW’s rating that’s entirely dependent on your group.

1 Like

‘Contributing nothing’ is an accurate statement for the OP’s post. If he actually made the effort to describe in detail the reasons why he left, instead of just stating all the usual ‘communication, throwing, teamwork, unbalanced abilities’ etc - that would be more helpful to developers.

6 Likes

Yeah team work on this game is a failure.
Blizzard overestimate people who most of the time are just selfish.

The only way I’ve to get some fun is to play QP and not more than very few a week.
Ranked is nop.
I play this game only when I want some change after a long run in my main game.

This game is not serious enough to be considerate as “competitive”, to many issue.

1 Like

Yeah, apex never makes me feel frustrated even if we get rekt at the beginning. I just join a new game and move on. %99 of people are not toxic too and your team tries to help you by sharing loot, reviving you even it kills them etc (and you can see those random teams really values you instead of insulting and swearing at you like you get most of the time in ow). Pinging a location to go or spotting enemies is the easiest system for communication I have seen. Most of the time team players don’t even separate and move like an actual team. After ow it felt weird that my teams speaking positive and saying gg in team chat even after we lose.

1 Like

Why are you at the enemy backline with Brigitte? Why is Baptiste at the front lines?

2 Likes

OW use to be like this. Like most new games. Soon enough you’ll see talk about how toxic apex is.

1 Like

Was a capture the objective mission and rest of the team was content to hang back and let the opposition win so I just charged straight in and hoped they’d follow. Luckily, they did.

you clutter complaint i find odd… have you tried paladins? now there you have clutter up the wazoo! it’s just terrible!

I had to try it becaues everyoner mentions it but bleh! that was clutter…
overwatch seams fine to me…

Sure maybe they could make the UI even more minimalist but probably not by that much.

If you mean the effects and all sure yes… some times…

But at least no smoke granades yet lol… though that would be an intresting ability to add to a new hero…

Yeah man I bought it on may 2016 and there was no toxicity for a week. Good old days.

2 Likes

I’ve also been playing since release and it was a good while before true toxicity started creeping in. It increased drastically when comp was released.

2 Likes

The childish post I’ve ever read

1 Like

after 3 posts yourself, one would think you haven’t read that many posts…

I dont know what i m doing at this board but I guess I was just looking for an opportunity to vent as well. I uninstalled too.

Reasons for quitting:

• No content in the recent years and only new “no skill heroes”
  • Always the same events and nothing really creative or fun anymore
  • Competitive is definitely not competitive anymore
  • No role queue / guild systems or any innovations to fix the game
  • The developers have clearly given up on the game as we see no try at all to fix the game. It was also promised that big changes were coming up early this year but I saw nothing of it so I uninstalled.
  • It feels incredibly bad to loose a game now. Well actually I didnt feel anything anymore. I literally played comp like quickplay and just instalocked dps or offtank in my last few matches or joined my friends in low SR games on a smurf account as games on my main are just too toxic. I was a flex player before btw.
  • There was no rank reset and so many people are in incorrect ranks. Even more so with low tier/low skill heroes making it possible to rank up and then throw by using a lot of abilities incorrectly or playing new characters
  • There is no option to reset rank in this game if you want to climb again. Other games make it way better as you need to climb every season
  • There is no good ping system in game and it endorses voice chat too much
  • Giving people the option to hide their career profiles was very stupid
  • There should have been an option for people to design their profiles or show the heroes they want to play as well.

Blizzard had many opportunities and chances to fix the game or to improve it in so many areas. But they just had to keep the development team small and put everything into E-sports instead of actually improving the game. They did nothing and now they are losing all the popular streamers, youtubers and high rank players. Only the pro players, mid-tiers and low-tiers will stay as the first ones earn their living by playing this trash and lower ranked players can still enjoy this game as they dont have to try too hard.

I honestly didnt want it to end like this, especially with me posting something like this in a meaningless thread. But what can I do? I had high expectations, which was well deserved as the game was great in the past, but I got disappointed.

Just gonna go play some Dota 2 Auto chess, Apex or some other game.
Cya there in a few months.

5 Likes