I'm soo bad at overwatch

Ok so I"ve been playing overwatch for a while now and I’m so bad at every character. That’s not an exaggeration either I just straight up suck. The only character I can really play and feel useful as is mercy, that’s why she’s my main, but like she’s the easiest character in the game(at least I would say) and I don’t really power boost or try and shoot people I just heal the whole time. I’ve rriex playing other charcters like dva but everytime I play her I get fustrated and a headache and that pretty much happens with every character other than mercy. Sometimes I just feel so useless because i weigh down my team all the time

Hi,

you’ll learn more about the game as you play and progress by facing different enemy team compositions and different play styles.

This game is my first game that is shooter like and since I didn’t have good aim I started with Mercy, with time I played D.Va also, that was my two most played heroes for first 6 months in game.

Eventually as I got kind of bored by playing only Mercy I started playing Moira and it changed feeling about game and my play style a lot since you position yourself different etc.

Right now my most played hero is Orisa, second is Moira and I play Zenyatta a lot more, other tanks and supports are behind, so maybe you’ll also change what heroes you like to play with time.

If you like healing the most and you would like to contribute more to your team try playing Moira, she can heal much more than Mercy, especially if you have Tanks on your team or try some other support heroes.

Also you don’t depend on your team so much to protect you as you do when you play as Mercy.

You can check this video if you like to understand better what healer is best for your team and how to enable your team to play better.

And don’t be so hard on yourself, with practice and playtime you’ll get better at game, find something positive from every game you play, be it a nice Rez as Mercy or saving your teammate from dying or some other situation that can happen.

edit: if you do watch the video consider that he is talking about picks for competitive play, if you play QP or arcade mode players don’t play much as a team (group up, attack together etc) so some things he said regarding Moira and Mercy don’t stand and you can play them effectively enough in those game modes.

1 Like

Just play moira, she’s much easier than mercy because you don’t die that often with her.

And if you want to get better at heroes you have to give it time. And depending on what hero you want to learn, ypu have to learn the abilities and train as much as you can.

Or you need to find your playingstyle, i mained other heroes like widowmaker and it didn’t work that well until i started to play as tracer.

Focus on gamesense above all else if mechanical aim is a weak point.

1 Like