Is any one gonna buy OW2

Blizzard should balance the game and care about it more, but I am definitely interested in OW2 And I will propably not be alone

A lot about OW2 has been told already.
The game is going to have a price but every OW player will have the game updated.

OW1 owners will get the new graphic engine, heroes and maps. The PvE contend will be locked unless you purchase a OW2 key.

If you think OW community is the most toxic one you obviously haven’t played Dota 2 or LoL.

No. i might check it out if it goes free to play one year after release… but thats a big maybe.

1 Like

hanzo was OP at the beginning and he still is Hanzo and Widowmaker should have been deleted and never mentioned a long time ago

If you ever got deleted by Hanzo to the point of feeling him OP the fault is all on yourself.

I loved Hanzo’s scatter arrow, and Hanzo himself was a really fun character to play around the time this game first came out.

But then Blizzard gave the character hitboxes a true fit, made the arrows smaller, messed with the bow’s fire distance/arch, and then replaced the scatter arrow with a worse feature: a 5-repeat shot.

Oh but Hanzo can now dash. He can’t OHK a Tracer or Genji, but he can slightly dash away from them before scuttering over the top of a wall.

I got used to the hitboxes being smaller on enemies, but not to any of the other stuff. He just doesn’t excite me all that much, and he’s was a really fun character: in the open queue days, I could yell “ALL HANZOS ON DECK” and have a 6v6 Hanzo snipe-off. Those were really fun. It just doesn’t happen anymore because nobody wants to play him.

1 Like

I get you. I would feel the same.

But it is a whole new engine (hence why they will be able to do the things they are claiming to be doing), with a large new PvE mode and additions to the PvP.

It is more a new game, with all the old stuff added to it. Rather than an expansion for the old game.

Key to it will be the price point. New game price of £50-60… that would be a nah… but £30 tops seems about right.

I get the engine upgrade is something rather big but unless you make a completely different game with it you can’t expect ppl to buy it as it’s new.

The PvE content is exactly what a major update to a game usually brings, like any new game mode and/or missions.

Depends how much PvE content they have. From the small sample weve seen (and it will get added to in future), it looks like the PvE side will be pretty big.

If people pay full price for a new FIFA game every year, I am sure this won’t be an issue.

Fifa isn’t based on original content and anyway same ppl won’t buy it every year (unless they have a passion for football).

I can’t help but wonder how many people who are now claiming they won’t ever buy anything from Blizzard again will be playing Diablo remastered or some stuff like that, in the future when it comes out.

Not saying your arguments are not valid, I just wonder whether they’re honest. We all know we are slaves of capitalism. However politically involved I consider myself, when I see a game I want to play, I buy it.

For that reason I’d probably buy OW 2.

FIFA, Call of Duty, Battlefield, all the same. churn out the same game year after year without little developement, and people still spend big on it. So why can’t Overwatch do it.

Not saying it is good (can’t stand companies that do it to be fair), but it is easy money if they do.

Snowieken - yeah most people will just buy it. a lot of people like to shout and scream about things but take little action. Personally I will buy the basic version of the game and that is it. I won’t give them more money through gambling boxes or merch.

I will buy it OW2 if it’s an expansion to OW. If it’s a new game probably not. It’s too much trouble adapting to a new game I’d rather do something else.
Money is not an issue but supporting something that is wrong makes more wrong to be released.

It’s the same OW but you can do character specific pve missions. Again, it’s stuff that free to play games give for free, it’s hilarious that a pay to play game wants us to pay for that stuff too.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t like the part where they abandon OW1 to make another game. If you need more money just make an expansion.

This community is not the most toxic there ever will be. League of Legends existing proves that.

As for OW2, I will buy it, but the hype have died down massively as we have gotten an announcement, then just about nada since then.

Does anyone know if OW1 will be getting the engine/graphical update too or will it just stay as it is today?