Is Overwatch your favorite multiplayer game?

Throughout our lives, we probably only remember a handful of video games that we really connected with, beyond other games. There are a few prerequisites imho for a game to enter that kind of status. For example, is the game my main go-to game when I just want to game and relax? Have I joined the forums? And this one might seem silly but have I dreamt about it? Usually if I have dreams about the game in question, it’s a clear sign that I’m thinking about it way too much and it’s basically a part of my life now and something I care about. The 4-5 games that has entered legendary status in my soul and psyche for eternity all had these traits in my life. They are:

Quake 3
CoD:MW2
BF4
The Division 1
and now, Overwatch

I’m curious where Overwatch stacks up for everyone else in terms of multiplayer games they’ve come across in life, compared to your other favorites.

Overwatch is probably one of the last for me. I did enjoy Division and CoD more.

I did enjoy WoW as I played it for many years, but feel the game’s not as good as it once was. I mainly play Genshin Impact now on the Ps4 with my gf. Doing stuff alone I find more relaxing than having to group with people.

1 Like

I heard you had to pay a monthly subscription to play that game, is that true? Highly addictive I’ve read.

1 Like

Yep, when I started it was £8.99, now it’s £9.99. I mean it was worth it but now I don’t feel like it is. The game’s really unbalanced at the moment. It’s definitely addicting, I have played it since the second expansion (TBC)

1 Like

Only thing OW is good at is squeezing out every ounce of toxicity out of me so i can be a mercifull angel in my other main games.

So the answer to your question is: No.

well can’t say it’s my favourite, but it’s a decent time killer.
all my favourite multiplayer games have all died out with time.

unreal tournament 2k3 CTF was really fun for me as a solo player in a multiplayer game, but dota was probably my most favourite game because i actually had a team of friends and we actually worked pretty well together without actually going at each others throats.

and i think the most ideal situation is if you can play a multiplayer game with your friends and there’s only good times then yeah that’s ideal.

and i don’t know, i feel like i’m just circulating game types at this point and sometimes i go back to older stuff if there’s been no new game that i think is good that supercedes it on the list of playable games.

there’s also a bunch of games i want to play with friends but they don’t wanna play them so i just end up not playing them myself.

1 Like

It’s definitely up there for me! I never imagined getting so into the game when I first started playing it.