Is teabagging and voiceline spamming considered toxic?

Okay so, since I first started playing the game, I’ve been teabagged several times. Obviously, it influenced me to also do the same act. No one has ever been tilted or called me toxic because of it either.

Until today (background story me and a widow were talking to each other with voicelines which annoyed a certain player) at the end of the match, a moira messaged me and wrote “i didn’t pocket you because you spammed”. I only said the voiceline three times and I didn’t know it was toxic. She told me I was being toxic and that she reported me.

Fast forward she was on the oppsite team and I killed her once and teabagged her. I’m pretty sure she got tilted and continuously said I was toxic. I did apologize and she said “too late” it kept on a hour and when I told her she was sabotaging my game because I NEVER got any heals from her, she replied with “I was prioritizing tank, you’re on the bottom of my priority” it’s understandable prioritizing tanks instead of dps but it’s still game sabotage if she doesn’t heal me once? (I was with a roadhog and she ignored me) I did not intend to be toxic.

I did apologize, but from others perspective; is teabagging considered toxic?

Yeah, it’s pretty unsportsmanlike, also not the best use of your time whilst in game either, if I caught you doing that and you were on my team I’d be pissed.

2 Likes

T-baging lasts a couple of seconds, you’ll get over it. Voice chat spam can last through the whole game if its a teammate and there is nothing you can do about it other than turning off the sound completely.

4 Likes

Anything in Overwatch is toxic.

I played a game where I chose third tank and that made me toxic and troll.

Had a game where the enemy got passed point A and so I was a toxic and troll.

Was reported by many for these two “criminal acts”

I wonder what happens to those who say “hello” in chat o_o

6 Likes

You should never spam “I need healing”, especially when you DON’T NEED IT. Real support players take notice of that call out and they take time during a fight to turn to you. If they turn and find that you’re crying wolf then they are within their right to get annoyed, ignore you and report you.

I hope you can understand where I’m coming from with that.

1 Like

T-bagging is unsportsmanlile but it’s not toxic, it’s taunting, a method used to play mind games with your opponent.

However, in terms of legality, taunting, an unsportsmanlike and disrespectful behaviour, is against the CoC because it definitely is rude or offensive. If you happen to get banned for taunting, an appeal would be most likely be overruled because the reports are justified.

You know what would be brilliant, if they punish the “i need healing spam” with you can only play support for the next 5 games.

4 Likes

So many special snowflakes here in this game. Everything is toxic… crybabies

5 Likes

Oh I know that spamming “I need healing” could be counted as toxic. I main support and that would annoy me but all I did was reply to another teammate with a voiceline. We did it like three times and then we stopped.

When someone teabags me, i get a bit irritated. But I wouldn’t consider spamming crouch to be toxic and you didn’t deserve to be reported in my opinion. Honestly she’s the toxic one for not healing you.

I usually don’t tbag unless it’s a friend or in some occasions if a player does it first, but even that’s rare. However I do use voicelines a lot, not with any intent of annoying anyone but to make funny dialogues with heroes. The other day enemy dva and I kept saying to each other that we’re not scared. Yesterday I started off with combining ult status with voiceline to get “My ultimate is beer” and awesomely enough the team caught on and it started a beautiful chain of “My ultimate is Sake!” followed by “My ultimate is okay!”, etc.
I do tone it down if anyone complains.

Never even considered it toxic at any point. Just reporting it is nonsense, if anyone is bothered by it, feel free to point it out.

Voicelines are meant to be used and I was using it to reply to the widow. We did it like three times and it didn’t even last more than 6 seconds. So I hope that’s not reportable?
It was fun and it went like this;
Widowmaker: rude
Mccree (me): after you
Widow: rude
Mccree: after you
And then we stopped

I understand that if I spammed it throughout the whole match but I didn’t even do that.

Yeah in my opinion it should not be reportable what so ever, so much so that in case blizzard decides using/overusing the voicelines is wrong, I still would consider it to be their job to make a mute voicelines options instead of making it reportable.

However I think the problem with the community is that they don’t state what bothers them and just report, in addition that some report for pretty much anything since the system has a vague description of what is or isn’t reportable.

Voice lines can sometimes be awesome. I remember that Reinhardt who went
“Ah, my friends, what’s with all this standing around? There’s BEER!” . But such cases are rare.

2 Likes

I see it as a part of the mental mind games.
If i teabagg the mccree or brigg as tracer, I already kinda ask them to focus on me.

If I didn’t, they will more likely waste the stun on someone else instead of keeping it only for me.

It can also help to trigger your opponents which results in them playing less concentrated.

But I prefer them to ignore me, so I often only teabagg them if they really already want me dead at all costs. Ofc I teabag if they flame me.

That would be awesome. I’d like to see all those DVa Mains to play support eben for once. … most annoying Character when saying “i need healing”

“the I need healing” is a 2 sided blade imo.
You see pro teams in owl playing together for ages and spam “x” 24/7 when they are damaged.

It should not work at full hp, and maybe be less loud the higher % the hp is.

It can help the supports to realize you got hit, but it’s also really annoying especially if there’s no healer anyway.

Sure, but as a healer you usually know about the actual state of health of your mates.
And if I don’t heal that DF f.e. that means I have other priorities. Either he’s to not in LOS or I have a tank, an ulting soldier or whatever next to me, who I think is more important atm.
That has nothing to do with prio tanks or something.

I have mostly DVas that get 1 hit of what feels like 10hp and they try to hide and scream for heals.

Edit: so far I’ve never heard a Rein or Zarya scream for heals in my games

I mean sure, but at this point who cares about those things anymore. The act of teabagging in video games is over a decade old.

1 Like

As a healer you have priorities. Prioritizing a tank is completely okay by me. I only said “I need healing” once throughout those 5-6 minutes. There was several times where the Moira was besides me yet she never healed me. I had critical health and she would just walk past me. She also told me “the other dps needed it more, you’re on the bottom of my priorities”

She said; “you could have used health packs, because I wouldn’t have healed you, you annoyed me”

I was in her LOS most of the time. I didn’t intend to annoy her with my voiceline.