Just realized something

Skins are way too expensive, battle pass sucks. So I actually don’t have to care for those useless products anymore and try to achieve ridiculous weekly challenge to have a chance to obtain them. I can just play like it doesn’t exist. This totally changes my mindset!

3 Likes

Hear, hear!

I’ve found the game to be far more enjoyable if I simply don’t open the battle pass or shop and completely ignore the challenge system.

I like playing the game but I’m not going to pay ridiculous amounts for cosmetics, nor will I be giving them nearly £50 a year for the battle pass and I’m not going to play game modes I don’t want to so that I can eke out a few pennies worth of OW coins every week.

1 Like

How you only just realising that lol.

Personally noted that on day 1 and haven’t been back into the shop… plus every other person on the forums keeps crying about it.

Even much better: XP doesn’t matter!!
In OW1 I’d at least try and get XP to level up faster and be able to get in-game goodies, but this falls flat completely in OW2 so I can just leave matches that I don’t like whenever I feel like or I can slack off if someone sends msg on discord or w/e, cause the XP penalty has no effect at all here :). No motivation anymore to sweat! :smiley:

3 Likes

I had a good amount of the cosmetics from overwatch one, maybe all of them so I just play this without expecting to get anything outta it. Playing purely for enjoyment, that was my mindset towards the end of Overwatch one’s life cycle anyway.

1 Like

A lot of people feel this way tbh, they won’t make much money from Battlepass.

1 Like

True.

It’s the shop that will make them the big money, once they nail it.