Keyboard bug after alt tab

As the title says.
I alt tabbed during gameplay, wanted to change some sound settings through g hub, returned to the game and my keyboard was not responding.
Had to eliminate the game’s process through task manager and get a suspension sadly.
Keyboard was not working not even in windows later, had to unplug and plug it again.
First time had this happen to me, I used to alt tab in the past without similar problems.

I had this in a different game through steam, but it was my mouse that stopped working instead.

Could be just a hiccup in the usb port or windows itself. Since unplugging and replugging worked, it might even work during a game. Which would only cost you a minute at most and at best it might sort out before being kicked by inactivity.

If it doesn’t happen again it might have just been a bug.
If it happens again, updating drivers might be a good idea.

I will update the drivers for sure, everything is up to date anyway other than gpu.
But something that makes me think, I had chrome installed and even when you shut it down it keeps running in the background to make it launch faster the next time you need it.
So that might have been the cause.
For good measure I uninstalled chrome and I’m running firefox now, will see if this repeats.