KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) country flag icon

Hey Blizzard and Thanks for the great times and games you giving us since 2004.

I submit this request and I am hopeful and thankful to fulfill it as soon as possible.

we would like to see our flag rising among the other countries’ flags in OverWatch.

We Saudi’s with Pride and joy highly request to have the chance to choose and represent our nationality and the nation.

Our presence is high and influencer and with a strong impact in every game in every way and we would like you kindly to Fulfill this simple and important request to us.

for my self, I am the Former Guild Master and the Founder of Rank 1 Arab Guild in Worldofwarcraft

< Corrupted Squad > - Kazzak

• Peak Progress
  • :Top 10 Realm “Kazzak”
  • :Top 100 Eu
  • :Top 200 World

and here are some Gamers and supporters of this Wish request:-

1:- Rank 1 DPS ( YZNSA )
* Multi top 10 Ranks
* Name:yazan

2:- Rank 1 Support ( Sirmajed )
* Majed “SirMajed” Alrashied is a Saudi player recently playing for
Angry Titans.

3:- Rank 1 Tank ( KSAA )

Peak SR at 4762
    Top 500 on EU Leaderboard
    Ended #1 on Competitive

4:- KssarPlayz
* 20yo Flex DPS For Saudi Arabia’s National Team
* And Player/Streamer For TheUltimatesgg
* PEAK 4620
* Won Best Arabian PC Player Award
*Youtuber With 75K Subs

Thanks, A lot for everything :heart:

Yeah. Not going to get it due to licencing. Many countries won’t allow their flags to be used.

Also most of the flags represent in-game heroes and not players.

I don’t think that’s correct. Jeff once said in an AMA that they wanted to have every country flag in the game, but as Nightwing said, surprisingly many countries don’t allow their flags to be used that way.

true most of the flags represent heroes and maps but not all of them. and that’s the problem to us whoever doesn’t have the chance to pick his own country flag.

used in what way exactly if I may ask!

Our flag and many others too can be found in countless games.
and all we just want is to have the chance as we have the right to use our own players of the Game flags on our own player icon -_-, as long there are countries’ flags exist in the game.

A simple thing and a simple right that I wish everyone can have, But I only can speak for myself and on behalf of tens of thousands of Saudi’s if not hundreds of thousands considering pc & PlayStation Gamers. We are not a few and we are asking for something cant be nothing but Good and desirable and honorably to each and every one of us and I believe to also most of those who deprived of this simple task and wish just like us.

there shouldn’t be any legal issue’s on this topic at all, at All.

unless whoever is behind this is asking for something unneeded or wrong or by a wrong approach.
It does not deviate from one of these two things imo.

Therefore I would like to know what is the real problem behind this to help and solve it if there are any Real substantial Problems.

illogical to me that I cant pick nor see our flag in a game when there are others flag exists and our country Involved or participate or even Leading with many countries around the world On all levels, From energy to major sports events to Economy up to war and peace stabilizing the region and beyond.

and just lately The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is honoured to host the G20 Leaders’ Summit this November 2020.

https://g20.org/en/LeadersSummit/Pages/RiyadhSummit.aspx

the quest is just give us the player icon flag choice …nothing more

thanks and cheers for all the replies.

It may be in countless games. But Activision Blizzard would need the licence.

Something they don’t have for many countries.

I’d rather not have a flag in the game of a country that: assisinates journalists, oppresses women, has the death penalty, hangs homosexuals, is effectively being run by a dictatorial family. In fact, if I was from that country, I would personally be very ashamed to wear such a flag ingame or anywhere else. But that’s just my two cents.

3 Likes

I am ashamed of your washed brain and sad for you and how you vision Saudi Arabia and Saudi’s and how narrow minded your understanding about us or even about any country flag and what it represent and mean by it self.

anyway thanks for replay

1 Like

His “vision” is not of Saudis. The general population of Saudi Arabia are quite nice.

But the things he states are atrocities that the government/state has committed and shown no remorse for.

Most people on this planet find their behaviour and attitudes to be somewhat abhorrent

This became a political discussion, which I am not gonna take simply because its not the right place and:

• I know where I stand from my knowledge and my country and its laws and my
    religion and my customs.

• and how some people can be misleading these days with all the propaganda
    crap by repeating lies to make it as if it is facts.

• how generally some people descended in Morales and knowledge, that they
    would even believe in unproven claims or worst judging something with petty
    or false information and wrong understanding about any subject simple good or bad right or wrong judgments or decisions.

easily I could shatter all of his claims 1 by 1 but I won’t waste my time with some random Ignorant guy sorry.

wake up it’s 2020 open your eyes and brain don’t even take it from me anyone can open YouTube to check the tourist’s videos and flogs and who visited and who lived or lives in The Kingdom. Yes, we are not a perfect society but take a look by yourself and take your time to enjoy our welcoming and hospitality culture.
Salama and thanks for the replay

Agreed. But nothing he stated is propaganda and is on record as being fact.