Leaked: Apple is going all-in on Gaming at WWDC. This could mean that it will be much easier to bring Overwatch to multiple Apple platforms including Mac and iPad and iPhone

Leaked: Apple is going all-in on Gaming at WWDC. This could mean that it will be much easier to bring Overwatch to multiple Apple platforms including Mac and iPad and iPhone. This is a huge game changer and I’m excited for the future of gaming on Mac.

As you may know I’ve long been an advocate of getting Overwatch on Mac…

Could this be the start of great things for Mac gamers like myself?

One of the arguments against doing a port has always been “the development effort isn’t worth it”…

I couldn’t disagree more strongly with this statement…

Firstly Apple is building new tools to make a possible to create the game and then have it automatically scale across different platforms…

This is huge because it means developing a port for one system means it can very easily be translated to others…

For example you could make Overwatch for Mac and then have it automatically scaled to iPad and iPhone…

Secondly Apple already holds a very strong position in gaming on mobile…

So it absolutely makes sense that they’re thinking along these lines…

I believe the announcement regarding the refocus towards PVP could mean that they have more time and resources to potentially bring the game to more different platforms…

Thoughts?

Note that Overwatch is already playable on Mac through translation layers:

:thinking: