Leavers 3 ranked games in a row

Do you really need to get into a full premade to get out of bronze?
Leavers are becoming more and more frequent and it makes it basically impossible to gain SR.
I stay and I try anyway, but obviously it’s a loss 9/10 games.

This tells me that the punishment for leaving a game, is not hard enough.

Edit: I took a few hours break and came back, and again, leavers in 3 games in a row.

1 Like

If you don’t stack you will not climb more than a few hundred SR, and every new season will reset you back down. Don’t worry about rank, it doesn’t matter, and higher rank matches aren’t any better.

2 Likes

Don’t think I agree with the not climbing bit. I totally believe if you keep learning and practicing there is no reason you can’t keep climbing. Just requires time and effort.

But the last bit. Totally with. If you want to grind and climb, good luck to you. But it doesn’t really matter, it isn’t going to impress anyone other than yourself.

So, what’s the point with ranked games, if not to gain rank?
And no, I’m not an insecure 15 year old that needs to use a computer game to grow some balls.

I enjoy to play for an objective and to achieve something from it, like to see how high I can climb in ranking. Something weird with that?

There is trying to win.
and
There is trying to become the best player you can.

Difference.

You can try to win without really caring where you are. Just enjoy the competitive environment and competing to win.

I never said that. If you are doing it for yourself that is all gravy. Just no one else will care. Being bronze, or GM… neither is that impressive to anyone outside of yourself.

If you set target and hit it, feel proud. Good achievement. But the world keeps on turning.

On the other side of the coin. There is nothing wrong with staying chill, trying to win, but not caring if the game doesn’t go your way. You will bounce around the same rank but you are having fun.

Yea, like my last game, playing against a downranking smurf team, not leaving their spawn. The result? I’ll tell ya…

Countdown starts, saying that i’m being inactive, while i’m throwing grenades into their spawn with Junkrat, constantly moving.

Countdown ends, i get thrown out and i lose SR and get suspended.

You want me to enjoy that really? And feel that i’m in power of my own progression?

Get real man!

Happens. Nothing you can do about them. (apart from report).

But again. That is one game. not 300/400 games in a season.

You say you were briefly in diamond… Well if you have that ability, you will be hard carrying bronze games.

If you are not carrying… then you were never a diamond skilled player and that is why you fell.

It is harsh. But it is on you.

If you play enough games in a season, you will be where you deserve to be.

Playing well and popping off once isn’t enough. You have to do it consistently.

As for your example of getting booted… Why are you standing still… Standing still is the first sign you were never of the skill to sustain diamond.

im getting leavers constantly too, but I’m in gold

How constant is constant.

Lets see your last 10 games to see if there were any leavers…

just had a match with 0 leavers, but there was a mei on my team constantly putting an ice wall infront of me

Please, do share videos.

didnt record. dont have proper equipment for it.

You don’t need to. The game has a replay system. You can just share the code.